Cans access2.0 engine access btrieve files?

Cans access2.0 engine access btrieve files?

Post by Shahab Mana » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I'm using vb 3.0 and before updating the jet engine, I could read and write
btrieve and dbase files. After updating to the jet 2.0 engine, I can no longer
access these files. Is there a workaround?

1. Accessing Btrieve files (without engine?)

Hi All,
As new to Btrieve and Pervasive, having just started to use the
workgroup edition of Pervasive SQL 200.

Is there a way to access the files, finding their filenames,
fieldnames, contents etc. without having the "database-engine". My main
concern at this moment is just to be able to read the files (ODBC or
what)and present the information in the application I am using; Omnis 7
and Omnis Studio (like Powerbuilder or C++)
What about the Microkernel?
I have .dat and .db files that I would like to read. SQL2000 enables me
to create DDF-files but what to use them for.

Glad if someone could answer these presumably basic questions.

sincerely
Daniel Sanans

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to fix "cc: Not enough user virtual memory (5707)"

3. Workstation engine access to a Btrieve file on a Netware Server freeses programm or computer

4. Calculated control in Access 2000 Report

5. Accessing Btrieve files without the Microkernal engine.

6. Database recovery

7. Btrieve - How can I access Btrieve files in VB 5.0

8. Why doesn't Excel *.xls update?

9. Btrieve 5.x and 6.x engine and PRE files

10. How to install btrieve data file engine

11. Btrieve 6.15 Multi-Engine File Sharing

12. Disabling PVSW.LOG file under Btrieve 7.01 Workstation Engine

13. Btrieve: accessing server engine from DOS-box on TCP/IP network