Layout or DB fields in Mail Label

Post by Barry McCab » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm having problems setting up mailing labels in Crystal Reports.  I have a
database of addresses of varying length.  I have 4 fields for the address,
a postcode field and a country field.  Not all 4 address fields are always
used, however.  In these cases I am left with blank spaces or lines in my
mailimg label.

Does anyone know of a way around this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Barry McCabe

p.s. many thanks to the people who have helped with my previous queries!!

Layout or DB fields in Mail Label

Post by Jim Osdal » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Barry,

Put each line on a new "Details" line. Format each detail section to
suppress if blank.

--
Regards...

Jim Osdale
A-2 Technologies

> I'm having problems setting up mailing labels in Crystal Reports.  I have
> database of addresses of varying length.  I have 4 fields for the
address,
> a postcode field and a country field.  Not all 4 address fields are
always
> used, however.  In these cases I am left with blank spaces or lines in my
> mailimg label.

> Does anyone know of a way around this problem?

> Thanks in advance,

> Barry McCabe

> p.s. many thanks to the people who have helped with my previous queries!!

1. Printing all entries from a repeating field in a label layout

Is there a way to print out the multiple entries for a repeating field while
still keeping the field in the same form (i.e. <<field>>) that the label
layout uses.  Highlighting the <<field>> does not offer the Field Format
option, only text options.  Tacking the field on as a regular field loses
the feature of suppressing blank lines, centering, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

2. BEtter way to get Count and Max

3. Mailing Label (One Record, Many Labels)

4. connection to a db usign the db filename

5. PdoxWin-Empty fields in mailing labels.

6. SQL Behind Proxy

7. WP50-Trimming fields in QBE & Mailing Labels

8. Transact SQL dilemma

9. Paradox 4.5 and Mail Merges and Mailing Labels

10. Go Layout via layout number from field

11. Label Layouts Failing!

12. Number of pages in printpreview of label layout

13. label layout