Question: DBE 2.5 using 16bit - ODBC Driver

Question: DBE 2.5 using 16bit - ODBC Driver

Post by jurgen Turkstr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

My question is if it is possible to access 32-bit ODBC drivers from
BDE2.5 which is deliverd by Delphi 1.0.
When i run BDE Conf and try to define a new driver, there is no driver i
can choose on the list.

How can i make BDE detect 32-bit drivers ?

FYI: I am programming in W95 using Delphi 1.0 (my target platform is
Windows 3.11).

Greetings,

AJi

Question: DBE 2.5 using 16bit - ODBC Driver

Post by Fredrik Larsso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> My question is if it is possible to access 32-bit ODBC drivers from
> BDE2.5 which is deliverd by Delphi 1.0.

As far as I am aware there is no way at the moment. Probably never will be
either.

Quote:> When i run BDE Conf and try to define a new driver, there is no driver i
> can choose on the list.

Well you first have to configure the ODBC driver in your ODBC utility and
then it will be available to the BDE drivers. Then you configure the BDE.

--
|_o_
   |  |         This message was brought to you by Fredrik Larsson.

* Home          http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/
* World of links        http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/world/world.html
* Developers
* corner:       http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/developer/

1. Q: Using 16bit ODBC drivers with 32bit ODBC

Here is a question I posted to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.  I
didn't get a response from anyone, so I'll try you people.

I need to write an app in C++ that deals with large amounts of data.
Rather than write my own data engine, I decided to try ODBC.  I tried
to install the 16 bit ODBC drivers for FoxPro DBFs in NT 3.5.  I ran
setup and added the drivers, everything seemed to work.  The files
were copied to the \winnt35\system directory, but only the 32 bit
drivers show up in the driver list.  Am I stupid?  We'll let me
rephrase that, is there something I am missing.  It seems that the old
16 bit drivers should work on Windows 95 and NT.

Incase you are wondering, I can't use FPW eventhough I like it a lot.

Tony Walker
Indiana University

2. My Pick Experiences

3. Compaq Deskpro (Win95) + ODBC (2.5 16bit) + SQL Server (6.5) = Slow Response

4. migrate Access DB to SQL2k

5. Intersolv ODBC (v 2.5/16bit) for Progress Db

6. Full Text

7. Using SQL in VB4 16bit and DAO 2.5

8. Migrate BLOBs From 5.x to 7.3 ?

9. Compaq Deskpro (Win95) + ODBC (2.5 16bit) + SQL Server (6.5) = Slow Response

10. Are there any 16bit ODBC drivers for connecting to SQLServer using TCP/IP

11. FETCH Using PB4.0.04 on Sybase 11 using 10.0.03 drivers 16bit

12. Visualcafe DBE 2.5 and Mysql

13. ODBC - Using 16bit ODBC with Delphi 3