Applet connecting to Oracle database

Post by .nathan » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

  I am trying to connect to an oracle 8.1.5 database via an applet. The
database and the server launching the applet are on the same machine. I have
accessed the database by changing the java.policy in the jre of my browser.
I don't want to do this however. Is there someway for a client to access the
database through the applet without having to change anything on their side?
Here is the error that I am receiving

(java.net.SocketPermission my.IP.add.ress:1521 connect,resolve)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
    blah
    blah
    blah

    .thanks.
    .nathan.

Applet connecting to Oracle database

Post by Timo Rantalaih » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>database and the server launching the applet are on the same machine. I have
>accessed the database by changing the java.policy in the jre of my browser.
>I don't want to do this however. Is there someway for a client to access the
>database through the applet without having to change anything on their side?

        Put the database functionality in a servlet and make the client
        thing communicate with it by standard HTML.

        You might try RMI (RmiJdbc would be an easy solution), but
        probably java.policy would need to be adjusted anyway.

--

Help keep Usenet clean: <URL: http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/usenet/dont.html >

Applet connecting to Oracle database

Post by david%2e » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Try 'localhost' (first) or '127.0.0.1' (second) as the IP
address - the applet can only connect to a socket on the machine
that it came from (unless the applet was loaded from the local
file system)

1. Applet connecting to Oracle database

[...]

2. Phantoms

3. Connecting to Oracle Database server from Applet

4. Connecting to SQL via ODBC without MS client

5. connect a Java applet to an Oracle database

6. D3- Native BDE Access drivers and TDBLookupComboBox

7. connecting to an oracle database via an applet

8. Performance & Tuning

9. connect to a database from applet

10. URGENT, problems with connecting from applet to database on server

11. Connecting to a database from an applet

12. Problem connecting to a database server from a signed applet with JDBC

13. applet connecting to a database