HowTo access the database from anywhere

Post by George Inaci » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello everyone.

I wrote a program using the data control with the names DATA1, DATA2, etc.
I would like to access the database from anywhere with "APP.PATH" but I do
not know how.
Can you please give me an example how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
George

HowTo access the database from anywhere

Post by Shon » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

If your database in X:\App.path\data\ try with this:

Private Sub Form_Load()

    DATA1.databasename = App.Path & "\data\database.mdb"

End Sub

Quote:> Hello everyone.

> I wrote a program using the data control with the names DATA1, DATA2, etc.
> I would like to access the database from anywhere with "APP.PATH" but I do
> not know how.
> Can you please give me an example how to do it.

> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> George

HowTo access the database from anywhere

Post by George Inaci » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Shone
Works 100% fine.
Regards,
George

> If your database in X:\App.path\data\ try with this:

> Private Sub Form_Load()

>     DATA1.databasename = App.Path & "\data\database.mdb"

> End Sub

> > Hello everyone.

> > I wrote a program using the data control with the names DATA1, DATA2,
etc.
> > I would like to access the database from anywhere with "APP.PATH" but I
do
> > not know how.
> > Can you please give me an example how to do it.

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Regards,
> > George

1. HowTo: Applet access database in different host

Hi,
Im building an applet to access an Oracle database using JDBC
driver (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()).
Im using Microsoft tools like IIS 4.0, Windows NT 4.0 and
Microsoft SDK for Java 4.0.
My problem is that DB is allocated in a different host(a
database server) that IIS is( a webserver machine) and when i
run the applet it in my machine i can see the result of my query
but when i run it in a different machine it generate a security
exception
"com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx
[oracle/sqlnet/SQLnet.Connect]".
In the code i assert full permissions
("PolicyEngine.assertPermission(PermissionID.SYSTEM)").
I know that i don't need to but i did it only for test purpose.
I create a cab file including *.class and the folder oracle that
include the OracleDriver.
I sign the applet giving low permissions.
What is missing?
Do i have to install something in others client's machines? What?
Can anyone give a clue/trick ?
Tanks in advance, i really appreciate any help.

2. Paradox printing via WIN NT

3. Howto connect to a password protected access-database by using ADO

4. Informix Maximum Chunk Size

5. HOWTO determine format of an Access database??

6. Letting Multi users use the database at the same time

7. howto access Access 2.0 under VB 3.0

8. Will ODBC 3.7 client driver work with sql 2000 server

9. HOWTO: Create Oracle Database Link to an external ODBC Database

10. HOWTO: Macintosh access to SYBASE

11. Howto setup PDOXWIN 5.0 for network access?