We're in the table-repair business, and we get a steady stream of
tech-support requests to help people with Paradox(BDE) table errors.
We usually see a pattern. There are a few "very common" problems:
(1) LOCAL SHARE is not TRUE in the BDE Configuration. Especially a problem
if you're using the database on what is, to you, a "local" drive that is
also shared with others.
(2) NET FILE DIR setting is missing or incorrect. [Always check that locks
do in fact get placed, and are in fact respected, when adding a new
(3) Un-diagnosed network cabling or card problem.
(4) Trying to connect to a database over a wireless LAN.
(5) Disk error; ScanDisk says "found errors on this drive and fixed them
all." Appearance of any FILEnnnn.CHK files in "C:\".
(6) Using an unlimited or excessive "time out" value on locks and so-forth.
Users give up and do a three-finger salute on their machines.
It's very important also to be =preventive= in your maintenance of the
system. =Look= for problems, before they are recognized.
Fast automatic Paradox table repair at a click of a mouse!