not visible text box not updating database

not visible text box not updating database

Post by Dale Mille » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 02:25:17

I have a text box which is bound to a field in an Access 2000 database.  I'm
using VB6.  If I set the "visible" property  on this text box to FALSE, and
simply update the TextField.Text value via code ... it never updates the
database.

If I change the visible property to TRUE, AND make my updates directly in
the text box, it updates perfectly.  I do not want to have this field
visible on my form.  Is there a way I can update this field (along with all
the other fields the user may change) in the Access database.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dale

1. Disabled bound text box not updating

I have a VB 6.0 text box that is bound to a field in SQL Server 7.0 table.
This text box is disabled and the user click on a button next to it which
displays a window,  the user selects a value from this window which updates
that bound text box with the new value the user selected.  When I execute
the update method for the ADO data control the new change is lost but if I
enable the text box and change the value in the text box via the keyboard
and then execute the update method then the new values are recorded.  Any
help

I would appreciate if anybody can reply to me by e-mail as well

2. Data to Datagrids

3. bound text box not updating

4. Can I publish XML Automatically from Access 2002?

5. picture visible / not visible

6. how we can return XML String instead of RecordSet

7. Stored object text are not visible

8. can not retrieve actual data from jdbc call

9. Newbie Help: Combo box not validating/updating Access Database

10. Problem: Jet 3.51 addnew updates to Foxpro 2.6 tables not visible to workstations on Network

11. ORA-06571: Function FN_SUP does not guarantee not to update database

12. ORA-06571: Function does not guarantee not to update database