Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

Post by McClymont / Gregory Thomas (I » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi, I'm new to VB and Crystal Reports and need to ask a simple question

Within crystal reports can you have subreports within a main report as in
Access?

I am looking to do a report on a vehicles services with the main
report containing the vehicle details and the subreport containing the
list of repairs carried out on the vehicle. The sub and main reports would
be linked by a service #.

Thanks, Greg.

Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

Post by Emilio Galas » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Hi, I'm new to VB and Crystal Reports and need to ask a simple question

>Within crystal reports can you have subreports within a main report as in
>Access?

>I am looking to do a report on a vehicles services with the main
>report containing the vehicle details and the subreport containing the
>list of repairs carried out on the vehicle. The sub and main reports would
>be linked by a service #.

That shouldn't be a problem.  Assuming you have two tables (one for the
vehicles and one for the service/parts) you would link the two tables by
service number.  You would then create a group based on service number,
placing the vehicle's data in the "service number" section, while placing
all the fields for the services and parts in the details section.

As long as the report does not require two sections which "list" records,
Crystal should be able to handle it.  In your case, the only list is the
parts/services.  The vehicle information (I assume) would come from one
record so it is just a matter of placing the necessary fields from that table
right into the "service number" section.

I hope this makes sense...

--
Emilio Galasso
University of Toronto: Computer Science

1. How can I extract sub-total from a sub-report into the main report

Crystal Reports 6 and SQL (Macola)

I have a main report pulling information from a database.

In it I have inserted a sub-report and in it have a
sub-total of a group of numbers.  I want to pull the
sub-total out and insert into a formula in the main report.

I have tried linking it and a few other things that didn't
work.  I'm stuck and don't know what to try.  The Crystal
book is vague on sub reports, they're easy to insert but no
info on pulling data out of one.

Can anyone give me a suggestion or direct me where I can
find out how to retrieve the sub-total?

2. ODBC error trying to connect...

3. Prob Installing 816 on Solaris 2.7

4. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

5. Return Code SQLPLUS

6. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

7. Grant all in SQL Server 7 -- Help

8. Question: Outer Joins in MS SQL-Server when using Sub-Reports of Crystal Reports

9. Delphi 2.0 and Crystal Reports Version 5 (Regarding Sub-reports)

10. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

11. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

12. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports