TBatchMove->Sybase->AbortOnKeyViol->Gen SQL Error!

TBatchMove->Sybase->AbortOnKeyViol->Gen SQL Error!

Post by TimeOilM » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

OK so I'm trying to move records from a Paradox database into a Sybase
Database via ODBC. I have two TTables and one TBatchMove on the form. When
I attempt to Execute the batch move, all goes well if there are no Key
violations, but if there are I get a "General SQL Error" and the records
don't get posted. This is in spite of the fact that I have set the
AbortOnKeyViol and AbortOnProblem properties set to false and have entered
filenames into the KViolTable name and ProbTableName properties.

Any ideas?
TIA

Brad Miller

Post by Austin McCracke » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> OK so I'm trying to move records from a Paradox database into a Sybase
> Database via ODBC. I have two TTables and one TBatchMove on the form. When
> I attempt to Execute the batch move, all goes well if there are no Key
> violations, but if there are I get a "General SQL Error" and the records
> don't get posted. This is in spite of the fact that I have set the
> AbortOnKeyViol and AbortOnProblem properties set to false and have entered
> filenames into the KViolTable name and ProbTableName properties.

> Any ideas?
> TIA

> Brad Miller

Brad,

I'm also having TBatchmove problems trying to move an Access Table via
ODBC to a Local Interbase Table. It takes 13 hours to move 33,000
records(with only 6 columns), but Access only takes 15 minutes to copy
to a new Access MDB.

Could there be problems with the new BDE version?

Austin

1. >>>SYBASE/UNIX ENIGNEERS WANTED>>>>Bay Area, CA.

TCN Needs SEVERAL Software Engineers until the end of the year plus
probable extensions

Responsibilities: Our Client is rebuilding their entire automated test
environment for their RDBMS software product.  You will be developing
test software for the QA Dept.  You will be looking at statements
regarding specific functions of the database and coding automated test
scripts that will be used be the Quality Assurance Department for
testing.  THIS IS A CHALLENGING, HIGHLY VISIBLE PROJECT!!!!

Required: SYBASE, SQL, C, SHELL SCRIPT OR PERL OR LISP, UNIX, Excellent
English Language skills, knowledge of testing methodologies.

Desired: SunOS, SOLARIS, TCL, TET, Test Script Development, DBA
Experience

Location: Bay Area, California (near Oakland/Berkeley)

Start date is JULY 10th  and THE CLIENT IS INTERVIEWING NOW!!!!

We will work with Independent Incorporated Contractors OR W2's

Please respond immediately to:
Ilene Blender
TCN
1020 Marsh Road, Suite 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(415) 324-3222 x-251
(415) 324-2922 fax

**Please note there are NO ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS!  You must have at
least a minimum of 5 years of paid computer industry experience!

2. ORACLE CONSULTANTS - NE0198

3. >>>>>>UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>>> Bay Area, CA

4. Need generic (database transparent) create-table functionality. What's better DDL or ADOX?

5. Delphi>>>>>>>

6. Error : Can not allocate log, archival required

7. Check out the Web below for great Computer Prices >>>>>>>>>>>>

8. Link to Access/SQL/Oracle with same code ?

9. ------>>>>>>CASH IN ON THE NET

10. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

11. >>>>Sybase consulting?