HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

Post by Bill Danne » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to build a selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports.

I have tried this every way, except the correct way.

What I am trying to do is get a list of Dies that the width is
between 2 variable numbers.
That is to say:  ( find all dies that the width is =>2.5 and =< 3.625)

I am not sure if using between would include the High and Low numbers

Listed below is a NOT WORKING J example using  " => "

CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} = >" _
& txtAdjWidthLow & "" _
& and = <  txtAdjWidthHigh "

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

TKS
   Bill

HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

Post by Paul Goodfello » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Try this

CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} >= " _
& txtAdjWidthLow _
& " and {DIELIST.Width} <= " &  txtAdjWidthHigh

Regards,

Paul Goodfellow

I am trying to build a selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports.

I have tried this every way, except the correct way.

What I am trying to do is get a list of Dies that the width is
between 2 variable numbers.
That is to say:  ( find all dies that the width is =>2.5 and =< 3.625)

I am not sure if using between would include the High and Low numbers

Listed below is a NOT WORKING J example using  " => "

CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} = >" _
& txtAdjWidthLow & "" _
& and = <  txtAdjWidthHigh "

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

TKS
   Bill

HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

Post by Bill Danne » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

On Wed, 3 May 2000 10:36:33 -0400, "Paul Goodfellow"

Paul

Tks for the reply
    It works GREAT !!

NOW I need to do the same thing with the Length.

Would it work OK just to add two more (and) in order to get  the
txtAdjLengthLow and the txtAdjLengthHigh to work?

Is there a better way to accomplish the same thing ?

Thanks again for your help

Bill

>Try this

>CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} >= " _
>& txtAdjWidthLow _
>& " and {DIELIST.Width} <= " &  txtAdjWidthHigh

>Regards,

>Paul Goodfellow

>I am trying to build a selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports.

>I have tried this every way, except the correct way.

>What I am trying to do is get a list of Dies that the width is
>between 2 variable numbers.
>That is to say:  ( find all dies that the width is =>2.5 and =< 3.625)

>I am not sure if using between would include the High and Low numbers

>Listed below is a NOT WORKING J example using  " => "

>CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} = >" _
>& txtAdjWidthLow & "" _
>& and = <  txtAdjWidthHigh "

>Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

>TKS
>   Bill

HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

Post by Paul Goodfello » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

If I understand you correctly you want something like this :-

CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} >= " &
txtAdjWidthLow _
& " and {DIELIST.Width} <= " &  txtAdjWidthHigh
& " and {DIELIST.Length} >= " &  txtAdjLengthLow
& " and {DIELIST.Length} <= " &  txtAdjLengthHigh

That should work fine

Regards,

Paul Goodfellow

On Wed, 3 May 2000 10:36:33 -0400, "Paul Goodfellow"

Paul

Tks for the reply
    It works GREAT !!

NOW I need to do the same thing with the Length.

Would it work OK just to add two more (and) in order to get  the
txtAdjLengthLow and the txtAdjLengthHigh to work?

Is there a better way to accomplish the same thing ?

Thanks again for your help

Bill

>Try this

>CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} >= " _
>& txtAdjWidthLow _
>& " and {DIELIST.Width} <= " &  txtAdjWidthHigh

>Regards,

>Paul Goodfellow

>I am trying to build a selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports.

>I have tried this every way, except the correct way.

>What I am trying to do is get a list of Dies that the width is
>between 2 variable numbers.
>That is to say:  ( find all dies that the width is =>2.5 and =<
3.625)

>I am not sure if using between would include the High and Low numbers

>Listed below is a NOT WORKING J example using  " => "

>CrystalReport1.SelectionFormula = "{DIELIST.Width} = >" _
>& txtAdjWidthLow & "" _
>& and = <  txtAdjWidthHigh "

>Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

>TKS
>   Bill

1. Help: Crystal Report Selection Formula

I'm using Crystal Reports 3.  I need to print a report displaying only the
record that were added after a certain date *and* time.
For example, I might need all the record added after 3:00pm 5 January 1998.
This requires me to set the SelectionFormula property on the Crystal
Control.

Crystal gives you the - Date(yyyy,mm,dd) - function but I need to specify a
time as well.

Does anyone know of a way to do this???
If not do the more recent versions of Crystal reports offer a TIME
function???

Thanks
Joey Kruger

Remove NOSPAM from address when E-mailing

2. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

3. Help with using date variable in Crystal reports selection formula

4. does socket funtion __so_recv run in process?

5. Crystal Reports Selection Formula

6. Upgrade 7.0 to 7.3

7. Crystal Report V4.6 Selection Formula

8. System Analyst-Programmer Analyst Tennessee, Full-Time

9. Selection Formula - Crystal repors

10. HELP: Crystal Reports - recursive formulas/functions?

11. Crystal Report Formula Help

12. Crystal Reports - Displaying selection data in report

13. Using formula field in selection formula