Help with reports

Post by Gary Demo » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I am ready to begin working with reports in my SQ7 DB -VB6 application.
I have done nothing with reports yet and have no experience with them.
Will the report writer that comes with VB6 do a nice job, or should I
fork out the cash to buy Crystal for Developers?

Help with reports

Post by Tom Gilme » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

If you anticipate your app eventually moving to vsNET, you will find
the VB6 report writer no longer exists. vsNET ships with some sort of
CR support.

 - Tom

Quote:> I am ready to begin working with reports in my SQ7 DB -VB6
application.
> I have done nothing with reports yet and have no experience with
them.
> Will the report writer that comes with VB6 do a nice job, or should
> fork out the cash to buy Crystal for Developers?

Help with reports

Post by Thomas Kogo » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Forget the VB6 Reporting system; use Crystal Report

Quote:> I am ready to begin working with reports in my SQ7 DB -VB6 application.
> I have done nothing with reports yet and have no experience with them.
> Will the report writer that comes with VB6 do a nice job, or should I
> fork out the cash to buy Crystal for Developers?

1. Help: Retaining Report Page Layout When Calling Report From Form

Using Paradox 5 (maintenance version), I am trying to print envelopes
to an HP LJ3 from a form. What does work is to pull up the report from
Project Viewer or whatever and print from it; the printer will ask for
COM-10s (envelopes). This is good. _But_ I can't call the report from
a form's pushbutton like:

        report.print("report.rdl")

It just prints according to the default Windows printer's settings,
which is usually 8? x 11. Anything I've set in the Report's Page
Layout doesn't take. Anyone? I've looked at reportPrintInfo stuff, but
I don't think it's there.

2. "set default" in config.fpw

3. HELP HELP Report totals in Headers - not footers

4. Smyle - a highly reliable open source database written in Java

5. name/value pairs in a table, need help with reporting techniques

6. Connect Oracle & Db2

7. HELP: Trend reporting

8. Results to a text file.

9. Help Crystal Report

10. Ref Help Crystal Reports

11. URGENT HELP NEEDED - Report Generation

12. Help - Crystal Reports will not refresh