Programming the Serial Port in D5

Post by Daywan Sing » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 05:59:05

Has anyone tried programming the Serial Port in Dephi 5/Win2000 ?

--
D Singh
Tel: 07860432032

Programming the Serial Port in D5

Post by b » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:04:03

Try TinyPort....  Or AsyncPro

> Has anyone tried programming the Serial Port in Dephi 5/Win2000 ?

> --
> D Singh
> Tel: 07860432032

Programming the Serial Port in D5

Post by M.Steven » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:56:07

Yes, try TComport or Delplhi ASYNC.

What I noticed is that the other components works on win 95/98 but not
on NT/2000
These two seems to work.
Youe can find these components at http://www.torry.net

--
           ________
___/\/                \/\___

> Has anyone tried programming the Serial Port in Dephi 5/Win2000 ?

> --
> D Singh
> Tel: 07860432032

Programming the Serial Port in D5

Post by M.H. Avegaar » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:23:39

Use a serial port component, see
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Library/Delphi/IO/PortIO.htm.
(I recommend Async Professional, http://www.turbopower.com/products/apro/)

> Has anyone tried programming the Serial Port in Dephi 5/Win2000 ?

> --
> D Singh
> Tel: 07860432032

1. Reading serial port from a filemaker program?

This is a question for the Mac version of filemaker:

I need to interface with a device and read data from the serial port
from a filemaker  program?  I was told that this is not possible using
the stadard filemaker scripting language.  Does anyone know of  a
different way of doing this?

I would appriciate any feedback.
Thanks,

George.

2. dumb informix through php question

3. Serial Port Programming

4. Multimedia Conference (2nd posting)

5. Serial Port Data to an Array

6. Memory and running processes

7. Java server to access to serial port?

8. What the Equivalent of oracle's "Create synonym"

9. Reading directly from Serial Port

10. Serial Port Interface

11. Serial Port Question

12. (Q) Serial port communications