"Invalid Argument" errors

Post by Jerr » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:27:42

I'm converting a VB 6.0 DAO app to ADO. The app processes
string data in an AccessXP Db. When I try to "Update" a
record; I periodically get an "Invalid Argument" error.
The error does not always occur on the same record.
Sometimes I can process 100K or more records before I get
the error. Also; It does not appear to be string content
related as many of the records contain identical data
(i.e. Novell Network usage files, paths, etc.) I've also
tried both Keyset and Dynamic cursor types with the same
result

 I would appriciate any feedback on this problem!
        Thanks

"Invalid Argument" errors

Post by Val Mazu » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:44:23

Hi,

How do you update database? Could you post your code?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:> I'm converting a VB 6.0 DAO app to ADO. The app processes
> string data in an AccessXP Db. When I try to "Update" a
> record; I periodically get an "Invalid Argument" error.
> The error does not always occur on the same record.
> Sometimes I can process 100K or more records before I get
> the error. Also; It does not appear to be string content
> related as many of the records contain identical data
> (i.e. Novell Network usage files, paths, etc.) I've also
> tried both Keyset and Dynamic cursor types with the same
> result

>  I would appriciate any feedback on this problem!
>         Thanks

1. ERROR 3001 - "Invalid Argument"

I'm attempting to utilize the CreateDatabase command in VB 3.0 under
Windows 3.11 with the code provided in VB Help and I keep getting an
"invalid argument" ERROR 3001.  Can anybody give me some reason why?
The expression is quite straightforward and I am conforming to the
conventions  -

DIM DB as Database
DIM DBNAME as String
DBNAME = "B:\NEWDB.MDB"
Set DB = CreateDatabase(DBNAME, DB_LANG_GENERAL)

etc., etc.

It crashes on the SET command line every time .....

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Newbie - help on command line problem

3. "Invalid Argument" ODBC error

4. How to show Program's Icon?

5. Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

6. CompactDatabase gives "3001: Invalid Argument"

7. Reduced memory in system gives "Invalid argument" error

8. trigger error - Invalid Object "Inserted"

9. "Invalid Cursor Error"

10. Snapshot replication gives "Invalid Descriptor Error"

11. "Invalid Attribute/ Option Identifier" Error