How to duplicate a table in VB6?

Post by RDavis1 » Fri, 04 May 2001 10:04:22

Hi, I want to create a new Acess table that has the same structure as the
original, both in the same database. How?

How to duplicate a table in VB6?

Post by Don Grove » Fri, 04 May 2001 16:13:57

SELECT INTO

Quote:> Hi, I want to create a new Acess table that has the same structure as the
> original, both in the same database. How?

How to duplicate a table in VB6?

Post by Hot Ro » Fri, 04 May 2001 21:11:57

SELECT INTO will move the data but you want to use
CREATE TABLE, SQL to actually create the new table.

CREATE TABLE User (
    CompID char(15) not null,
    primary key (CompID),
    CompName char(25) not null,
    Contact char (20) not null,
    Country char(2) not null,
    State char(2) not null,
    Address char(50) not null,
    Phone char(14) not null,
    Toll char(14),
    Fax char(14),
    Email char(50),
    URL char(50))

1. Duplicate a .mdb from VB6

I would like to do some general file manipulations to
a .mdb while in a VB6 application as follows:
Copy a .mdb
Delete a .mdb
Save a .mdb
Save As a .mdb to a new .mdb name
Open an existing .mdb

I am using a standard menu (ie File>Save. File>Save As.
File>New. File>Open)

I think the concept of database compacting may be helpful
and I am currently looking into this.  I am, however,
interested in other ideas.

Any thoughts or sample code would be helpful.

Kind Regards
Dennis

2. Errors executing a stored proc from ODBC client

3. Removing Duplicate Records VB6/Access2000

4. Postfix and Postgres

5. How to duplicate structure and data from one table to another table

6. Anyone with PD4.5 runtime

7. VB6 Appending Records in a Table to another Table

8. Subject: SQL Query - MAX, Grouping and Sub query

9. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

10. Updating Tables with SQL in VB6 using vfoxpro tables

11. Fix Duplicate fields Rather then Duplicate Records?

12. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

13. select duplicate and non duplicate records