DataReport and "KeepTogether" property

Post by David Conne » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Is it just me, or is the DataReport section property "KeepTogether"
completely non-functional?  It's supposed to keep sections of a report
together on the same page, but my multi-section reports seem to come out
identically no matter how I set this property for each section.

DataReport and "KeepTogether" property

Post by icons.. » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it just me, or is the DataReport section property "KeepTogether"
> completely non-functional?

No, it's not just you - I have come to the same conclusion.  While we're
on the subject, what's the maximum height of a data report?  I seem only
to be able to access about 8500 twips' worth...

Post by David Conne » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

> > Is it just me, or is the DataReport section property "KeepTogether"
> > completely non-functional?

> No, it's not just you - I have come to the same conclusion.  While
we're
> on the subject, what's the maximum height of a data report?  I seem
only
> to be able to access about 8500 twips' worth...

I'm not sure.  I haven't really experimented much with that other than
resetting the enormous default margins before doing anything else with a
report....

DataReport and "KeepTogether" property

Post by icons.. » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm not sure.  I haven't really experimented much with that other than
> resetting the enormous default margins before doing anything else with
> report....

Ah - you found that too, did you?  Had me confused for a while.

I have also discovered that it is possible to have a report that is
"taller" than the amount you can scroll down when in design mode - the
trick is to design the footer and group-end (lower) sections first, then
the detail section last.  Of course, if you discover an error in the
footer later, you have to cut and paste all the top sections to another
report, close up the sections so that you can access the error, then cut
and-paste back again....

Keeps us mentally agile, though....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/