Automation error... using MSCAL.OCX ????

Automation error... using MSCAL.OCX ????

Post by Sergio Día » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:22:24

Hello,

I have a simple program that uses MSCAL.OCX to return dates to a text field.
I'm using VB6.0 sp5.

I noticed that its packaging the file from Office10\MSCAL.OCX    i'm using
office xp.

On my development machine there are no problems, but when I install the
application on Win98 and WinNT 4.0 machines, as soon as you load the form
that uses the mscal.ocx I get the error: "RUN TIME ERROR 8001010 Automation
error, the object invoked has disconnected from its  clients"

I think its the OCX for sure. No other problems with the app, in fact if you
don't load the calendar everything runs good.

Anyone seen this problem before? Thanks!

- Sergio

Automation error... using MSCAL.OCX ????

Post by Jim Milla » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:18:20

This is a know MS issue
look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q297/2/18.ASP
for the solution

Jim

Quote:> Hello,

> I have a simple program that uses MSCAL.OCX to return dates to a text
field.
> I'm using VB6.0 sp5.

> I noticed that its packaging the file from Office10\MSCAL.OCX    i'm using
> office xp.

> On my development machine there are no problems, but when I install the
> application on Win98 and WinNT 4.0 machines, as soon as you load the form
> that uses the mscal.ocx I get the error: "RUN TIME ERROR 8001010
Automation
> error, the object invoked has disconnected from its  clients"

> I think its the OCX for sure. No other problems with the app, in fact if
you
> don't load the calendar everything runs good.

> Anyone seen this problem before? Thanks!

> - Sergio

1. SQL 7 SP1 OLAP setup error - mscal.ocx in use

I've got NT 4 SP5 installed with a bunch of apps (MS Office 97 SR2,
Outlook 98, IIS 4, etc.) The DB protion of SQL 7 SP1 went fine, no
problems at all. When I run the OLAP portion it gets to the end of
copying files after the MDAC part and I get the following:

Cannot continue setup. File C:\WINNT\System32\Mscal.ocx is probably in
use by another program.
Close all the programs and run setup again.

If I move that dialog I see:
Copying Microsoft SQL Server OLAP Services client files...
100%

Just about every service is stopped (down to 14 processes) and the
only foreground app is the OLAP SP install.

I have not migrated the OLAP repository.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Dennis

2. !!A MUST SEE!! DEBT FREE$$$

3. MSCAL.OCX -- "The dependency file for MSCAL.OCX is out of date." VB 6

4. ping snuhdean

5. Looking for MSCAL.OCX

6. Sybase OpenClient Version

7. MSCAL.Calendar.7 OCX object in Access 97

8. Need help with Access

9. calendar control 'mscal.ocx'

10. Automation error using VB5

11. ADODB Error: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

12. Error 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic