I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script

I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script

Post by Henning Forgaar » Sun, 27 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does any one know where I can find such a program?

Pls mail me Henning

Post by Nat Nataraja » Sun, 27 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Does any one know where I can find such a program?

> Pls mail me Henning

The Microsoft Access Upsizing Wizard is supposed to be a very good tool for
porting Access databases to MS SQL server.

Microsoft is freely distributing their latest version of the upsizing tool
right now.
If you have a web browser - check under
"http://www.microsoft.com/accessdev/accinfo/accinfo.htm" and go to the
"Free Software" section.
You can also check their ftp site.

Regards

Nat

I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script

Post by Nat Nataraja » Sun, 27 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Does any one know where I can find such a program?

> Pls mail me Henning

Check under  "http://www.microsoft.com/accessdev/freesoft.htm" for the
Access psizing tool.

1. Converting SQL Server 7.0 Scripts to SQL Server 6.5

Hello Group,

I am trying to convert a script I created in SQL Server 7.0 to run on SQL
Server 6.5. The scripts create stored procedures and views. This part of the
script and the error messages have me confused. I created the scripts by
using the Create SQL Scripts in SQL Server 7.0

if exists (select * from sysobjects where id =
object_id('dbo.jw1_distinct_suniq_Career') and type = 'P')

drop view dbo.jw1_distinct_suniq_Career

GO

CREATE VIEW dbo.jw1_distinct_suniq_Career

AS

SELECT DISTINCT stusched.suniq

FROM dbo.course INNER JOIN

dbo.trkcrs ON

dbo.course.crsuniq = dbo.trkcrs.crsuniq INNER JOIN

dbo.mstsched ON

dbo.trkcrs.trkcrsuniq = dbo.mstsched.trkcrsuniq INNER JOIN

dbo.mstmeet ON

dbo.mstsched.mstuniq = dbo.mstmeet.mstuniq INNER JOIN

dbo.stusched ON

dbo.mstmeet.meetuniq = dbo.stusched.meetuniq

WHERE (dbo.course.coursec LIKE '%t%') OR

(dbo.course.coursec LIKE '%CA%')

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

ERROR MESSAGE:

Server: Msg 2714, Level 16, State 1, Procedure
dbo.jw1_distinct_suniq_Career, Line 8

There is already an object named 'jw1_distinct_suniq_Career' in the
database.

Thanks

Jim

2. Loses the keyboard when running my app against Oracle

3. RFI Needed: Programming Tool for MS SQL Server 6.5 Needed

4. Act for notes

5. need help converting a SQL Server DB to Access

6. DLL Uses in form -- OK; DLL Uses in library -- GPF. Why?

7. Help Convert MS Access SQL to MS SQL Server 6.5

8. Duplicate Name in this Context

9. Need help converting MS ACCESS query to SQL 6.5

10. Script a field into a table in SQL Server 6.5 db

11. Converting Access DB to SQL Script?

12. Converting SQL server DB into ACCESS DB

13. Problems after converting Access DB to SQL Server DB