"Invalid data source" with DataReport

Post by libru » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

When opening a data report on a client machine (win95) I get an error
message saying 'Invalid data source'.
Data Source of the Data Report is an ADO connection and Data Member is a
Command (with SQL-BUILDER).

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

"Invalid data source" with DataReport

Post by Brian Bischo » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Make sure each field is also tied to the same datasource.

Quote:> When opening a data report on a client machine (win95) I get an error
> message saying 'Invalid data source'.
> Data Source of the Data Report is an ADO connection and Data Member is a
> Command (with SQL-BUILDER).

> Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

> --

1. Oracle Data Source - potential "security hole"

Hi,

I've been evaluating Analysis Services, and have a issue
with regards to using Oracle 8i as a datasource. When
specifying the OLE DB provider information, if the "save
password" option is checked, then the database username
and password are saved unencrypted in the Analysis Manager
Repository. This could pose as a problem!

I would just like to know a couple of things. Firstly,
would I be right in assuming that the Analysis Manager
Repository is in fact the same as the server repository
(which I have migrated from the Access database to Meta
Data Services Format in the recommended 'msdb' database)?
Secondly, is there any way around this issue? I.e. a way
to encrypt the data, or any other way? Thirdly, does
anybody else see this as an issue, or am I merely being
paranoid?!

Any information about the subject will be greatfully
recieved, as the info currently available seems to be
rather sparse! Any information pertaining to the
Repository, and the issue raised.

Thank you for reading, and thanks for any help you may be
able to give.

Paul Hodgson.

2. Paradox databases of more than 2Gb

3. "Error Configuring Data Source"

4. Auto-increment value in insert query

5. "Data source not found" message

6. how to recover a suspect database

7. "Data source name too long" exception

8. Executing stored procedures from java code:NEWBIE

9. help - "data source name not found"

11. Getting DataReport to Print "Landscape"

12. DataReport and "KeepTogether" property

13. "Invalid Cursor Error"