Lightweight Java DBs for PersonalJava environment?

Lightweight Java DBs for PersonalJava environment?

Post by Keij » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:20:00

Hi

Does anyone know any lightweight (and preferably free) Java DB that
can be embedded in a PersonalJava application? I've found some Java
DBs, but all require Java 2 environment. If I understand correctly
PersonalJava is based on JDK 1.1.8.

Cheers, Keijo

Post by Carl Rosenberge » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:26:05

> Does anyone know any lightweight (and preferably free) Java DB that
> can be embedded in a PersonalJava application? I've found some Java
> DBs, but all require Java 2 environment. If I understand correctly
> PersonalJava is based on JDK 1.1.8.

Hi Keijo,

you might like to take a look at our product db4o:
http://www.db4o.com

db4o is a Java object database developed specifically for low resource
environments like PersonalJava.

We deploy a version compatible with JDK 1.1.4. and customers tell us, that
it runs fine on PersonalJava.

db4o is free for non-commercial use and can be downloaded freely from our
website.

Kind regards,
Carl
---
Carl Rosenberger
db4o - database for objects - http://www.db4o.com

Lightweight Java DBs for PersonalJava environment?

Post by Thomas Muelle » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:34:29

The PointBase Micro database even works
in the J2ME/MIDP environment. A free
evaluation download is available here:
www.pointbase.com

Quote:> Hi

> Does anyone know any lightweight (and preferably free) Java DB that
> can be embedded in a PersonalJava application? I've found some Java
> DBs, but all require Java 2 environment. If I understand correctly
> PersonalJava is based on JDK 1.1.8.

> Cheers, Keijo

Lightweight Java DBs for PersonalJava environment?

Post by Keij » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:57:44

Carl and Thomas, thanks for the info!

1. lightweight pure java databases

Hi,
I'm looking for a lightweight pure java database. Basically, I need to
store some text files in the file system. I'm looking for a small
database module that maps meta informations like creator, modification
time etc. to the file names (I know, some of these meta informations
can be stored in the file system, but not all that I need). And this
meta data should get deleted if the corresponding file gets deleted.
Does anyone know a package that can handle these requirements
(preferrably under a permissive license, bsd or lgpl) or should I roll
my own?
Thanks
Florian

2. for Paul Sandy only

3. lightweight JDBC for java 1.0 (db2 and informix)

4. Help! Stuck transaction log...

5. Lightweight database written in Java

6. Pick/uniVerse/Unidata/SystemBuilder Programmer/Analysts needed-U.S.-(Recruiter)

7. Any 100% Java Lightweight Databases?

8. DB compiler developer for BayArea startup

9. Small, cheap, lightweight, embedded DB for Java?

10. ---JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA---

11. PointBase on PersonalJava Experience

12. PersonalJava windowsCE

13. Any free Java DBs?