Finding a record without Find/Seek methods...

Finding a record without Find/Seek methods...

Post by Eddie Hernand » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

How can I find a record and make it the current record in my datacontrol
without using the Find or Seek methords?

I am writiing a VB/Oracle Application that uses Oracle Objects For OLE's
DataControl. Since OO4O does not support the Find method I must find
alternate way to find a record via search criteria and make it the current
record.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Eddie Hernandez                              North Broward Hospital District
Programmer/Oracle DBA                        1608 SE 3rd Avenue

1. Need Help with find or seek method

I am building a simple VB application to manage an access database and am
having trouble setting up the find or seek method.

My application has a  find form that is loaded when you click on a search
button.  I would like to be able to search an Access table by  a single
field determined by a check box, and the search criteria entered by the user
in the find txt box.   The end results will be returned on a separate form.

There are two different connections to the database, an ADO and a data
enviornment.  I have been unable to search the table using either of these
connections.

Can anyone provide advice or sample code to accomplish this.

Jon

2. Upper Case / Lower Case Question

3. Using Find or Seek method for 2 column fields

4. SQL Text fields question

5. ADOCE 3.1 and Find/Seek methods

6. Your VP of IS/IT might be very interested in this.

7. Seek method not found for my ADODB.Recordset object

8. The query contained only ignored words

9. ADO (No Seek Methods so use Find ?)

10. How to (quickly) find a row to Update without Seek (ADO)

11. Find First, Find Next, Find Previous, Find Last

12. A find field without going into find mode

13. Finding "FIND" method