VB6 Data report - Failed getting Rowset(s) from current data sour ce

VB6 Data report - Failed getting Rowset(s) from current data sour ce

Post by Jack » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have created a simple program to get data from Access97 and put them
on a report form. I tested it and it worked fine before creating an exe.
After I compiled it and install it on NT 4.0/SP5 I get the Failed
getting Rowset(s) from current data source error. Any ideas what I am
doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

VB6 Data report - Failed getting Rowset(s) from current data sour ce

Post by Andrew Grillag » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

When you say you compiled it and installed it on .., do you mean you
transferred the .exe file or you created a setup program and installed the
.exe with its necessary dependencies? One of the dependencies you will need
for a data access application is MDAC so be sure that your target machine
has MDAC installed. You can download a distributable form of MDAC from
http://www.microsoft.com/data.

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:> I have created a simple program to get data from Access97 and put them
> on a report form. I tested it and it worked fine before creating an exe.
> After I compiled it and install it on NT 4.0/SP5 I get the Failed
> getting Rowset(s) from current data source error. Any ideas what I am
> doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

VB6 Data report - Failed getting Rowset(s) from current data sour ce

Post by wuji » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I want to creat a data report on A3 paper, but the width of report always
<12000. and it has an error "report width wider than paper". please advice.