Integra VDB; ODBC - Question

Post by Douglas Reynold » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Anyone remember Integra VDB?

I don't - but now I have to have a look at something using it.

I have been given a program with many modules (read as: many VB Exe's which
Shell between each other) which uses Integra VDB to talk to its database
through ODBC (backend could be SQL Anywhere, or dBase etc).

Apparently this app is generating GPFs on a regular by non-duplicatable (ie
random) basis, and I have to find out why...

Did anyone who may have used Integra VDB, or big VB/ODBC projects experience
repeated GPFs and if so, under what circumstances? (You know the kind of
thing - do not have more than 'x' programs using Integra running
simultaneously, or do not have more than 'y' programs using ODBC to the same
data tables simultaneously...)

Any and all help appreciated [by email if you can - pressure :-(  ]

Cheers

Doug

Integra VDB; ODBC - Question

Post by Phil Downin » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Are you trying to run the apps under Windows 95 and/or VB4 16bit by any chance?
If so that is probably your answer.  With that combination you get lots of
strange things going on such as incorrect SQL statements being executed VB
variables being clobbered (corrupted) for no obvious reason.

I've just bitten the bullet and am replacing Integra, which was dropped the the
makers several years ago now, with another engine - a lot of work, but once
Integras gone I can't help but think that my life will become a lot less
stressfull!

Integra seems to have many problems and is very unstable, as you are finding out
in certain environments.  It general stick to VB3 and Windows 3.1 and you'll be
all right provided you don't hit any of integras bugs.
Another point, if you have live cursors (updatable cursors) try adding a new
record to a cursor that contains some records and then perform an edit operation
on it without refreshing the cursor from the database.  In my app it always
updates the first record in the cursor, not the one I have just added and it the
current record.

Yep you've guessed Integra is a load of rubbish: it's no wonder its no longer
supported or sold: I just wish I could get my hands on the guy who chose to use
it in our product (he no longer works for us) and give him a slap.

Phil D

1. Anyone used/using Coromandel Integra VDB/Integra BAB?

I am evaluating a client/server development product called Integra BAB
(formerly Coromandel Integra VDB). I would be using the product to
port our commercially available Informix 4gl character based unix app
to a client server system using windows pc's as clients. On the
surface this product seems to have all the database aware stuff needed
to expedite the development of our system. I'm looking for people that
have had experience with this product to share their likes/dislikes
and possibly concult about it.

   ...Thnx!!!!
Javier Arroyo * Vice President
Automated Environments * Roseville, CA

fax 916-782-8557
phone 916-782-unix

2. Embedding if statements in calculation fields

3. How is Integra VDB?

4. How do I compare letter case?

5. Integra VBX VDB BVSP

6. Startup Script doesn't execute when opened hidden???

7. INTEGRA (stupid question)

8. test

9. SCO Integra RDBMS

10. Integra's Visual Database Manager?

11. Integra Visual Database Builder

12. Integra Visual Database Builder (Coromandel)