Package and Deployment Wizard

Post by <reyg.. » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 06:30:13

I recently used the pdw to distribute my VB project, tried it and it
worked fine. Then, I made some code revision including the database path.
I then created a new pdw setup program. The problem is when I try to run
the program, I get an error message saying that the database path is
invalid, and it shows the old database path that i used. Even when I tried
to run the program in IDE, I still get the same error message. But, when I
changed the dbpath to the one that I used before, the program runs
smoothly. Any idea what's going on?
Old dbpath: D:\myDb\myDb.mdb
New dbpath: C:\myDb\myDb.mdb
- program says new dbpath is invalid and looks for the old dbpath.....

Package and Deployment Wizard

Post by <reyg.. » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 02:30:05

Well, it seems I was sleeping on the job....so, I have to answer my
question myself. The reason(s) I was getting the mentioned error message
was that I simply forgot to change the db path in my ADODC and Data
Environment controls setup when I changed my VB project directory. Anyway,
thanks to those who bothered to take a peek and were on the verge of
replying to this question.

> I recently used the pdw to distribute my VB project, tried it and it
> worked fine. Then, I made some code revision including the database path.
> I then created a new pdw setup program. The problem is when I try to run
> the program, I get an error message saying that the database path is
> invalid, and it shows the old database path that i used. Even when I
tried
> to run the program in IDE, I still get the same error message. But, when
> changed the dbpath to the one that I used before, the program runs
> smoothly. Any idea what's going on?
> Old dbpath: D:\myDb\myDb.mdb
> New dbpath: C:\myDb\myDb.mdb
> - program says new dbpath is invalid and looks for the old dbpath.....

> --

1. Package&Deployment wizard problem

I've created my first app with VB6, and now I can't install it!
Package&deployment wizard creates 3 files: projectname.cab,
setup.exe and setup.lst. I've copied those files on CD.
When I start setup.exe on target computer, it says:
---------
   Invalid line in setup information file
   Section: Setup 1 files

--------
then installation stops.

I've tried on different systems (98/95) and computers, but nothing
changes. I didn't change anything in setup.lst.

Please help !

2. Sybase Sqlserver Coding Standards

3. Package and deployment wizard

4. MySQL vs Oracle vs MSSQL Vs others

5. Using Package and Deployment Wizard - Didn't work

6. Terminal Emulation Problem, Help!

7. Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

8. Relational Database which supports Unicode

9. Package and Deployment Wizard Error 743

10. Package and Deployment Wizard

11. package and deployment wizard

12. Package and Deployment Wizard - MDAC

13. Package and Deployment Wizard