Data Type Constants in SQL Server 6.5

Post by Fritz N. Franci » Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Where can I find the constants for the data types that are in SQL Server
6.5? For example if I were to open an ODBCDirect connection to SQL
Server and then open a recordset on that connection, the Type property
would return an integer.

So far, from running a program I see the following:

The constant for varchar is 10.
The constant for date is 23.

I searched the SQL Server documentation and I cound find no mention of
this anywhere. Can someone please help me? Please respond to

Thanks in advance,

Fritz N. Francis

1. Data Type Constants in SQL Server 6.5

Where can I find the constants for the data types that are in SQL Server
6.5? For example if I were to open an ODBCDirect connection to SQL
Server and then open a recordset on that connection, the Type property
would return an integer.

So far, from running a program I see the following:

The constant for varchar is 10.
The constant for date is 23.

I searched the SQL Server documentation and I cound find no mention of
this anywhere. Can someone please help me? Please respond to

Thanks in advance,

Fritz N. Francis

2. Close tables open in other session

3. SQL Server comparisons between columns and constants with different data types

4. duplicate data

5. Data Transfer from Long data type to SQL Server Text data type column

6. analyzing db for performance bottlenecks

7. Column name and data type in the sql server 6.5

8. US-NC-CRM - SELLING POINT CONFIGURATOR (ORT-104)

9. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5

10. Mapping ADO Data Types to SQL Server Data Types

11. Mapping SQL Server Data Types and ADO Data Type Enums

12. Transfering Data from one SQL 6.5 to antother SQL 6.5 server

13. Transferring SQL 6.5 data base to another SQL 6.5 Server