Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

Post by Louis S. Berma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find a
good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that I
could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.
Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.....

BTW, I would appreciate it if you could respond to this message via e-mail,

do the news groups.  Thanks!

             \\\|///
           \\  - -  //

       +--oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------+
       |                             |
       |  Who:    Louis S. Berman    |
       |          BrainTree Ltd.     |
       |                             |

       |  Web:    www.moneypump.com  |
       |  Phone:  +1 718-279-2100    |
       |  Fax:    +1 718-224-4728    |
       +-----------------------------+

Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

Post by Ing. Franz Glase » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Louis S. Berman schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
> full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find a
> good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that I
> could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
> image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.
> Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.....

A Turbo Pascal unit (TP 6 or TP 7) is found on the TP-links in chapter
"graphics" at the bottom of the chapter:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html
it is made to be used in a TP application to get .BMP from the screen
in the background. It creates any count of 16-colour .BMP files. It
runs under DOS, but shall work in full screen mode of WinXX too.

There is also a unit to capture BGI 640x480x16 graphics to .BMP-16.

:-) Franz Glaser

Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

Post by Christopher Latt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

If you want a cheesy SendKeys solution, grab PushKeys from
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta in the download section. Actually, its not
cheesy, its excellent (showing that modesty is one of my many, many great
personality attributes :) ).

PushKeys is a reworking of the flaky VB SendKeys command (using the Win32
keybd_event API call), and is syntax compatible with it, although it does
stuff beyond what SendKeys does, like sending keystrokes to DOS apps, plus
extended keystrokes and functionality. There are versions for VB, Delphi,
and C available. It comes with full source, a help file, and its free.

Getting the output of a DOS app is a little tricky. What you can do here is
run the
DOS app in a window, and use PushKeys to cut and paste between the DOS app
and your app. To do this, invoke the control menu by sending a Alt-Space to
the DOS window, then selecting E to Edit and K to mark. Then use the arrow
keys to negotiate your way to the area of the screen you want, press the
Shift key, and use the arrow keys to mark the text you want. Now re-invoke
the control menu (Alt-Space) and select E to Edit and Y to Copy. You now
have copied the
area you want to the clipboard. Put the focus back to your app, and paste
into an edit box or whatever.

Good luck!
Christopher Latta

Post by Abda » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> If you want a cheesy SendKeys solution, grab PushKeys from
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta in the download section. Actually, its not
> cheesy, its excellent (showing that modesty is one of my many, many great
> personality attributes :) ).

> PushKeys is a reworking of the flaky VB SendKeys command (using the Win32
> keybd_event API call), and is syntax compatible with it, although it does
> stuff beyond what SendKeys does, like sending keystrokes to DOS apps, plus
> extended keystrokes and functionality. There are versions for VB, Delphi,
> and C available. It comes with full source, a help file, and its free.

> Getting the output of a DOS app is a little tricky. What you can do here is
> run the
> DOS app in a window, and use PushKeys to cut and paste between the DOS app
> and your app. To do this, invoke the control menu by sending a Alt-Space to
> the DOS window, then selecting E to Edit and K to mark. Then use the arrow
> keys to negotiate your way to the area of the screen you want, press the
> Shift key, and use the arrow keys to mark the text you want. Now re-invoke
> the control menu (Alt-Space) and select E to Edit and Y to Copy. You now
> have copied the
> area you want to the clipboard. Put the focus back to your app, and paste
> into an edit box or whatever.

> Good luck!
> Christopher Latta

> >Hi!  I need to implement a program that can capture an MS-DOS screen, in
> >full-screen mode, under Win 95/98/NT.  I spent the last day trying to find
> >good answer to this, but so far, I have come up with nothing.  I know that
> >could, in theory, implement a cheesy "SendKeys" solution and/or snag the
> >image via the clipboard, but I am looking for a much more elegant solution.

Could you explain to me a bit more. Maybe I will be able to help.
Do you want to capture everyting the border,icons etc.

1. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

Please HELP!

I have developed an application using VB5 EE SP3 on Win 95 and have updated
it using the same VB version on Win 98.  The application is installed at a
client running Win 95 and NT.

When compiling under Win 95 and running executable at client site on an NT
machine, I receive a run-time error 50003 regarding the use of GIF files.  I
don't use any GIF files or picture controls.  I had a problem with a newer
version of the common dialog control - VB5 on W95 thought it was a picture
box - but I thought I had corrected that.  I am also using Sheridan calendar
widgets v1.08 build 2.

Can someone help with this one???  I cannot reproduce the error on my W95 or
W98 machine.  Also, I would like to be able to compile on my W98 machine
referencing the W95 version of the necessary controls.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tammy Crebo

2. Save a blank date in SQL7

3. Oracle Designer R2.1.2 for MS Win 95/98/NT

4. Size of database table

5. PDX 4.5 (DOS) Full Screen UI Mode - # 2

6. user privileges; select any table

7. PDX 4.5 (DOS) Full Screen UI Mode #2

8. Adding columns to table

9. PDX 4.5 (DOS) Full Screen UI Mode

10. HELP: Supressing Pdox Startup Screen in Win 95

11. NT CONNECTS 95/98 BUT WON'T!?!?

12. Win 2000 exe runs fine on 98 but crashes on 95 and NT

13. Screen capture of 4gl Screens