HELP DBGrid DopDownList

Post by Juergen Stei » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello to all Delphi 2 Programmers

I want to modify the editfields in a DBGrid-Column only by a
DropDownList where the user cannot enter or change values that
are not in the list at run time

Does somebody have a good idea how to solve this Problem ?

  Thanks in advance,

        Juergen

HELP DBGrid DopDownList

Post by Rob Tanne » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I would suggest enhancing the TDBGrid component to accomplish this.
There are only a few modifications necessary and almost everything you
will need to know you can learn from the Component Writer's Guide.
--
Rob Tanner B.E.,B.Sc.
Design Engineer

> Hello to all Delphi 2 Programmers

> I want to modify the editfields in a DBGrid-Column only by a
> DropDownList where the user cannot enter or change values that
> are not in the list at run time

> Does somebody have a good idea how to solve this Problem ?

>   Thanks in advance,

>         Juergen

1. Help using DBGrid and set up DBGrid Display

Can anyone give some guidance:
I am using VB 5.0.
I have a DBGrid control bound to a Data control (it is a querry) that has
15-20 fields in it.  I am only using three (3) fields in the DBGrid.  The
first two I don't want to allow any manipulation of.  The third field I want
the user to beable to change.  I used the Page Edit function to give the
individual columns lock and unlock properties (the first two were locked and
the third unlocked).

Unfortunately I can't change any data in the third column (nor the first two
either).  My data control properties are of the data control are:
Exclusive = False
Read Only = False
RecordSet = Dynaset

Second part of the problem is that I want to display only one set of the
querry based on a selection from the one-to-many set (querry) that I choose
from a DBCombo bound to a table or the querry (the querry if I can figure
out how to prevent duplicates).

I know I'm missing something, just need help in figuring out what.

Thank you
Rod

2. 2 servers from 6.5 to 7.0

3. Help: DBGrid - how to make DBGrid.row = current row when I click the a cell

4. DBGrid and Setting Column Widths at design time

5. HELP DBGrid: Controling data in and size of Columns in DBGrid

6. -2147467259 - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link failure

7. Copying from bound DBGrid to unbound DBGrid

8. D3 7.1 on aix oconv(VARIABLE,CALL BP PROGNAME) not running flashed version

9. APEX True DBGrid vs. Sheridan DATA WIDGETS DBGrid

10. Selecting Multiple Rows in DBGrid and Sheridan DBGrid

11. DBGrid Delete Key function not working on some DBGrids while it works on others

12. How to drop down some dbgrid in a dbgrid