Access 97 vs 2000 + MDAC 2.1 SP2 vs 2.5

Post by Cameron Vette » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

We're currently in the middle of a large project that consists of numerous
applications and relies heavily on ADO for data storage in an Access 97
database using MDAC 2.1 SP2.  The majority of the database code is
unimplemented, so we're currently debating about moving over to MDAC 2.5,
are there any major disadvantages in moving over to version 2.5?

We're also considering moving the database over to the Access 2000 format,
are there any disadvantages to this?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about this yet, any
advice would be appreciated.

Cameron Vetter
Edstrom Industries

1. MDAC 2.1 vs MDAC 2.5?

Hello,

Recently, MDAC 2.5 was installed on my work station.

When I click File->New from NT explorer I no longer see "Microsoft Data
Link". Can I still use UDL files with MDAC 2.5? Has something changed here?

Thanks

George McLean

2. Access 2000 Connection string

3. MDAC 2.0 vs 2.1 or 2.5

4. UNIX database system

5. MSORCL32.DLL vs MDAC 2.1 SP2

6. how-to populate combo box with field from another table

7. SQL 7 SP3 on Win 2000 SP2 w MDAC 2.5 SP2

8. fox 5

9. MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

10. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

11. MDAC 2.1 (GA) and MDAC 2.5 (RTM)

12. VB6, DAO 3.6, Access 97 , MDAC 2.5 and 3426 Runtime Error

13. MDAC 2.5 with Access 97