1. Problem Connecting SQL under Win98 (Ok for Win95)
I'm having problem on connecting Win98 to SQL 6.5 Server. It always
shown "Unable to Connect "or" Server Not Found" kind of messages.
Below are some additional infos on this problem.
I'm having experience on install SQL Client on many Win95 PCs, and all
I'm sure the SQL Server are working fine....because other PC with
Win95 are able to connect to it.
I'm sure the Network Configuration & Hardware Connection are
fine....because I can use Logon and access some of my NT server
resources using Network Neigborhood. Also under my Win98 DOS Prompt, I
am able to PING the SQL Server successfully.
I've install MS Access, SQL Client & Oneworld, all of these
application failed to connecting SQL Server.
I've try both old & new SQL ODBC Driver (2.65 & 3.50) but both give
me same error.
All my Network Setting are the same with those installed Win95,
which currently running smoothly.
This is the third PC with Win98 that give me this problem. As for
the previous two units, due to some critical assignment, I got to
reinstall it under Win95 and it work perfectly now. Therefore, this
problem should not related to Hardware but Software. (All these are
Pentium II 350 PCs with 64Mb Ram)
As a conclusion, I guess there must be some setting/drivers which is
new on Windows 98, that we must set first before we can connect to SQL
2. Disabling triggers
3. Connection problem: Access 2000 Win95/98 Client to Win98 SQL Server 7.0 database
4. Help: ISAM for unix needed
5. Win95 & Win98
6. D$, BDE, and SQL type of Decimal(xx,yy)
7. Problem conneting SQL with Win98 (Ok for Win95)
8. IIUG Insider #23 - Prez Letter, 4GL & ISQL 7.32, Download Updates, IBM
9. DAO Win95 vs Win98 vs WinNT
10. Detecting oracle sever version on WInNT/Win2000/Win95/Win98
11. ADO Errors On Win95 and Win98 Systems
12. ? Administrator Tools running in Win95 and Win98 ?
13. ado win95/win98