VB5 and Sybase System 11

Post by Andrew La » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I am working on a project using VB5 and Sybase System 11. The Sybase is
installed on a NT 4.0, and access through a Sybase System 10 ODBC
driver.

The problem is that the database connection through ODBC is not stable.
Sometimes I can't get connected, sometimes I got disconnected after
several operations. I got page fault error from Visual Basic.

I got reply from Sybase that Sybase on NT 4.0 is not officially
supported. Are there any person have the same experience?

1. VB5 and Sybase System 11 (ODBC)

I could use some expert advice.  I am a beginner with VB.

I have a Sybase database on a Unix machine, and I want to make
modifications to the database using Visual Basic.  Most of my tables
have about 50,000 records.

I have VB5, Enterprise edition.  It seems like I have 2 options:
1.  DAO/Data Control (Jet)
2.  RDO/RDC (bypass Jet)

Am I on the right track or way off base with this game plan?  Please
post to the newsgroup.  Thanks a lot.

2. Error 1609, SQL server can't run.

3. ODBC Error X Image data type X VB5.0 ODBCDirect X Sybase System 11

4. VT320 Graphics Codes

5. MSDTC & Firewalls

6. Problem on RDO 2.0 (VB5) with Sybase System 11!! Am I Alone ??

7. Using SQLXMLOLEDB.2.0 with JScript

8. Database Administrator for Sybase System 10 (future System 11) needed in San Diego California

9. system error code 127 while loading ODBC Sybase system 11

10. migrate Sybase 11.0.1 and Sybase 11.5.1 to MS sql 6.5/7.0

11. Upgrade from Sybase SQL Server 11.0.1 to Sybase ASE 11.9.2

12. VB5 to Sybase 11.0.2?