Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

Post by Gary Glickma » Wed, 29 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Using VB 4.0, Windows 95 B.

I create a setup routine using the standard Setup Wizard shipped with 4.0.
I made some manual entries to the SWDEPEND.INI for some DLL relationships.

The SETUP.EXE is then executed on a Windows 95 A machine.  I receive an
error "Unexpected Error" and it quits.  This happens during the
"Initializing Files" routine - before it even gets to the part were the
user kicks off the setup and/or changes directories for the install.

It works great on Windows 95 B machines.  I recently made the switch to a
Windows 95 B machine - never had a single issue creating SETUP programs on
my Windows 95 A machines.

Anyone seen this before.  Please feel free to email me at:

--
Regards,
Gary Glickman

1. 22200-FL-Fort Lauderdale-Visual Basic-ORACLE-Windows 95-Visual Basic 4.0, Oracle 7.0, Windows 95

=
Company    : Technisource
Website    : http://www.tsi.net
Job Title  : Visual Basic 4.0, Oracle 7.0, Windows 95
Location   : Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Type   : Contract
============================
Technisource is an innovative and rapidly growing national contract, consulting
and staffing organization Technisource has a long list of satisfied clients and
hundreds of high caliber consultants with rewarding careers in the technical
industry Technisource offers the best solution whether our clients' needs are
for one engineer, a team or a complete outsourcing unit Since 1987 Technisource
has specialized in the technical consulting industry and is the most qualified
resource to turn for your next project Over 600 opportunities are listed on our
website, WWWTSINET for engineers, programmers, designers, technicians and
technical writers

DURATION 6 - 9 months

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* Visual Basic  Version: 4.0
* ORACLE  Version: 7.0
* Windows 95
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : SF20274

Technisource
1901 NW 62nd St.,  #401

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309

Phone: 800-940-1111 EXT 237
   -   -
Fax No: 888-290-2990

** Post jobs for 30 days for $40, unlimited postings $250/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET' **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City

2. FETCH and UPDATE

3. Windows 95 setup massege

4. Replication - log shipping

5. Windows 95 setup nessage

6. Remote DataSource Index

7. Setup problem on Windows 95

8. D3/NT Auto fax / e-mail .tif images

9. SQL Server Timout during DSN setup on Windows 95

10. BTEIVE.EXE and BUTIL.EXE under Windows 95

11. VB4 and win 95 setup wizard