When do you get that error?
> I am new to Visual Basic. I tried to initialize Adodc control from the
> to connect to the Access database using ODBC data source name.
> So inside my Form_Load event I used the following code:
> Adodc1.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
> Info=False;Data Source=BazaKlienta"
> Adodc1.RecordSource = "Bugs"
> It works in a way because my data from bug table is displayed but
> unfortunately I also get an error message "Data source name not found and
> default driver specified"
> Can someone help?
Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com
or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com
Perhaps your question has already been answered!!!!
Search for it first at http://groups.google.com
since you are setting them from code You could also try to execute your codeQuote:> Blank out the ConnectionString and RecordSource properties in the ADODC
Thanks, it has worked.Quote:> Form_Initialize event but I have seen that fail on occasion.
The most reliable way I have seen to avoid the error is to not have those
properties set in the ADODC
I am learning Visual Basic and have to quickly put together something that
works. I will definitely use your suggestion if this project has to go to
any external customer and I will have more time to work on it.
1. Microsoft DataGrid Control, cannot initialize data binding
hello to all
I am have develop a VB app that works with a MYSQL database online
I create the connection using ODBC and presenting the result in a DataGrid
the app was created using VB6 on WinMe
everything on this pc works fine but when I am trying to package it and run
the install file on win92 or winNT
1. the install crash
2. unzipping all the files (from the cab file) in to a folder and running
the program works ok until the presenting of the result in the DataGrid
I get an error message "Microsoft DataGrid Control, cannot initialize data
binding" I know that the connection with the database work
cues I can see the total of the result
does anyone know why this is happening??
2. Restore 6.5 Backup to SQL7.0
3. ADO Newbie: How to code a one to many relationship form with ADODC controls
4. INTERNET HOME WORKERS NEEDED
5. ADODC control in a ADO Coded form
6. INGRES Front Ends for PC/MAC
7. Take more column from ADODC control using DATACombo control
8. Update Stats on Star Schema
9. NT Service with OCI Code cannot start with wsock32.dll code
10. : DataGrid cannot initialize data binding?
11. DTS Error - "cannot initialize COM"
12. Database cannot be initialized
13. DTS error message - cannot initialize script execution engine