HELP - Error #429 while doing OpenDatabase

HELP - Error #429 while doing OpenDatabase

Post by ADAM NELS » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I don't know what is causing this error.  It works fine on my
machine but when I try to install it on a "*" machine with
just Win 3.11, this error comes up during the OpenDatabase statement.
Am I missing some file, not registrating some OLE or whatever?

The error is :

OLE Automation Server Can't Create Object.

Thanx.

HELP - Error #429 while doing OpenDatabase

Post by Alan Dav » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
It looks like the the data access objects have not be registered.

Did you install this application using the setup wizard? If you did
these objects should have been registered by during the setup process.

         Alan Davis, Southampton, England

Post by Hong YA » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I don't know what is causing this error.  It works fine on my
> machine but when I try to install it on a "*" machine with
> just Win 3.11, this error comes up during the OpenDatabase statement.
> Am I missing some file, not registrating some OLE or whatever?

> The error is :

> OLE Automation Server Can't Create Object.

> Thanx.

Check if you have missed dll files. I would suggest that you re-do your setup wizard.
If you use database access, make sure if you have included the DAO files.

1. Runtime error 429 in OpenDatabase

I tried the Microsoft-reccomended fix of putting
DBEngine.OpenDatabase(name), but it still gives me the error. The code works
fine at school, but I brought it home to go on a bughunt and it won't run.
Any ideas?
--
Jared Ballou
Webmaster, QuakeMods.net - http://www.quakemods.net

2. Text files

3. Runtime Error 429 on OpenDatabase

4. PRIMARY KEY constraint can't use same name for different tables?

5. Opendatabase-Error(429)

6. ODBC with D3

7. Error 429 with OpenDatabase method

8. silent connection

9. oo4o Error - Error 429 - Help

10. REPOST: oo4o Error - Error 429 - Help

11. Runtime Error 429 - Please Help!

12. HELP: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object - Error 429

13. Plse help Error 429 License info not found