Q&E and SQLServer

Post by Winso » Wed, 11 Jan 1995 01:23:45

Hello all gurus !!!

I have a problem with Q & E ODBC driver !

Configuration:
Windows: Win 3.11 / WfW 3.11
DB: SQLServer (NT) 4.2.1
ODBC: Q & E ODBC Back 1.2 (SQLServer driver ver. 1.2)
Updating method: Dynaset/AddNew

Problem:
We can't INSERT into the DB with Q & E driver. We get the error message  "3146 ODBC Call Failed".
The MS ODBC driver works fine with same configuration. Then the strange part: in my computer the Q & E driver
works but the other members of our team can't get it working !!!!!!
(it isn't the W3DBLIB.DLL )

Thanks !!!!

Q&E and SQLServer

Post by Ebbe Jonss » Wed, 11 Jan 1995 18:07:01

> Hello all gurus !!!
> I have a problem with Q & E ODBC driver !
> Problem:
> We can't INSERT into the DB with Q & E driver. We get the error message  "3146 ODBC Call Failed".
> The MS ODBC driver works fine with same configuration. Then the strange part: in my computer the Q & E driver
> works but the other members of our team can't get it working !!!!!!
> (it isn't the W3DBLIB.DLL )

Q+E won't let you do inserts into a table that does not have a primary key
and unique index on it. It won't allow you to modify multi-table queries
either, so check that this isn't the case.

--

DBM Database Marketing Oy, Helsinki, FINLAND    " Q: What is the opposite
Tel: +358 0 605 900, Fax: +358 0 605 991         of information? "

Q&E and SQLServer

Post by BDCC Lt » Fri, 10 Mar 1995 06:52:43

Check the Network software. The version of NetX, and the Netware shell
must be correct sound like some is running the old IPX.COM or an old
driver. Q+E uses all the network functions (dbCancel etc..) This is why
the MS one works. It is also why the Q+E drivers are so much faster.

1. 2 Qs: Column statistics & selectivity

1.  How are column statistics used?
I've read Inside SQL Server 7.0 several times now and I see the
sentences that talk about column statistics, but I can't figure out how
the optimizer could possibly ever use such statistics.  Are they used
only by Query Analyzer and Index Wizard to provide the "advice" that
indexes 'should' be created on certain columns?

2. Is the % index selectivity value a lot lower in 7.0 than it used to
be (didn't it used to be that if an index would return 20% or more of a
table, the optimizer would choose a table scan or another index).  Now
it seems that the selectivity is between 1 and 5%.

2. MSDE2000 with 25 users

3. 3 Qs about tracing & tkprof

4. data from DB2 to SQLserver2000

5. Database link'n'joining Qs

6. I want to get away from Pervasive!!!!!

7. Multi Server Administration Qs

8. Access ADP scalability

9. SIMPLE QS

10. SQL 7.0 OLE DB Qs. Help!