Lost "New Microsoft Data Link"

Post by Jeffrey S. Sliw » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have lost the "Microsoft Data Link" option on the "New" context menu.
I have tried reinstalling Visual Studio (6 & SP3) and Microsoft Office
2000.  There is also no OLE DB control panel.

There also seems to be an impact on any new adodc controls that I add to
my VB application (even if I cut and paste a control - although the
original continues to work).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lost "New Microsoft Data Link"

Post by Jeffrey S. Sliw » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I figured out why my adodc controls were not working and it is unrelated to
the "Data Link" problem.

I'm still looking for an answer to why I lost (and how I can retore) this
functionality to the New Context Menu.