MySQL

Post by Thano » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 04:19:19

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a MySQL Database using VB but I've only only been
able to do it after I installed the MySQL ODBC Driver..  Does anyone know of
a way to connect to a MySQL Server without installing the driver?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Thanos

1. jdbc/mysql/mm.mysql

I am trying to get jdbc working with mysql on a linux box with the mm.mysql
driver...

I get NO errors from
    Class.forName...
    DriverManager.getConnection...
    createStatement...

so I think that the connection is working, but when I try a simple SQL
statement:

ResultSet r = s.executeQuery("Valid SQL Query Here");

I get:
        at java.lang.String.indexOf(String.java:269)
        at
org.gjt.mm.mysql.EscapeProcessor.escapeSQL(EscapeProcessor.java:73)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:106)
        at LoadDriver.main(LoadDriver.java:35)

Any thoughts on what's going on?

thanks,

scott

2. creating empty folders-subfolder structure

3. ANN: ImportER MySQL-reverse engineer MySQL databases

4. Changing the field of a duplicate

5. Mysql Database replication and the mysql database and it's tables

6. Discussion Forum Design

7. MySQL Memo Fields Returned (D5e, BDE5.11, MySQL on Linux Server, MyODBC)

8. SQL Server 2K Install Error - pending file operations

9. getLastID with mySQL; MM.MySQL API

10. JDBCfor MySQL: org.gjt.mm VS com.mysql

11. tips on ASP-MySQL port to VB-MySQL

12. Problem with passwords (MySQL, mm.mysql.jdbc driver)

13. MySQL max query length via mm.mysql-2.0