APEX Releases True DBGrid Pro 5.0, the Official Upgrade Grid for
Microsoft Visual Basic.
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 is the Official Upgrade Grid to the DBGrid shipped
with Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 and 5.0, and Visual C++ 4.2 and 5.0.
Microsoft selected DBGrid as the most powerful and efficient ActiveX
grid control for inclusion with its products. True DBGrid Pro 5.0 uses
the same data binding and ActiveX/OCX technologies as DBGrid, plus
scores of time-saving, flexible data presentation and user interaction
features. True DBGrid Pro 5.0 completely manages all database
operations, thereby enabling the developer to focus on important
16 & 32-bit OCX
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 includes 16-bit and 32-bit OCXs, that can be used in
bound, unbound or storage mode with a programmer's own data source
without binding to the Visual Basic Data control. Professional
developers can choose from more than 230 unique properties, methods, and
events in True DBGrid Pro 5.0 to create sophisticated,
commercial-quality, easy-to-use applications. Novice programmers can
use True DBGrid Pro 5.0 to create a fully functional database browser
without writing a single line of code.
Pro 5.0 Features
New and powerful user interface and data presentation capabilities in
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 allow developers to build user-friendly features
into complex applications that previously required extensive coding.
For example, multiple lines per record and data-sensitive colors and
graphics can be used to present data clearly and intuitively. In
addition, drop-down data-aware list boxes, input masking, and
context-sensitive CellTips can be used to simplify data entry tasks.
Fastest Grid and more...
In addition to being the fastest database grid, True DBGrid Pro 5.0 also
includes a handy add-in grid Design Assistant and reusable grid layouts
to accelerate application development. A 400-page manual and
outstanding technical support make True DBGrid Pro 5.0 the most complete
and valuable grid control on the market.
Advantages of True DBGrid Pro 5.0:
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 and the previous versions of APEX's grid controls
are the most widely used grid controls for Visual Basic in the world.
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 offers many advantages including:
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 contains a rich feature set with more than 230
properties, methods and events to develop customized data tables for the
most demanding database applications.
Superior data handling technology allows the APEX grid to retrieve and
display data faster and more efficiently than any other grid control on
the market. Easy-to-use: Visual editing features and a time-saving
add-in Design Assistant are part of a WYSIWYG environment that provides
instant feedback at design time and reduces coding requirements.
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 includes a new and very thorough 400-page manual,
extensive 16-bit and 32-bit online help files, 18 tutorial projects, 4
well-documented source code samples, and an abundant selection of demo
Crystal Reports Interface:
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 now permits users to print formatted data in the
grid using Crystal Reports. End users can quickly change simple report
formats without going through a complex report designer. This interface
provides True DBGrid Pro 5.0 users unsurpassed efficiency for ad-hoc
database report creation.
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 includes free technical support from a dedicated
team of APEX support personnel with a guaranteed response in one
business day. APEX also sponsors peer-to-peer newsgroups to encourage
user interaction. Product updates, sample programs, and answers to
frequently asked questions are available from APEX's web site:
New Pro 5.0 Features
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 includes many new features, some of which are listed
* Multiple lines per record to view entire records without scrolling.
* Per-row, per-column, per-cell formatting for complete data-sensitive
text, color, and font control.
* Built-in DATA-AWARE drop-down list box can be bound to a different
data control than the grid.
* Reusable grid layouts let you quickly change or configure grid layouts
at run time and design time.
* Context-sensitive CellTips to aid grid end users.
* Input masking for reduced error and more efficient data entry.
* Add-in grid Design Assistant facilitates column and split
configuration at design time.
* Array-based storage mode allows you to use any data source WITHOUT
coding unbound events.
* Display text and graphics in a single cell.
More Award-winning features:
True DBGrid Pro 5.0 also provides features from previous generations of
the APEX grid control:
* Word and Excel-like styles for easy customization of grid layout and
appearance at design time and run time.
* Excel-like splits divide the grid into separate vertical panes to
provide multiple views of your data. Splits can scroll independently or
* Complete programmer control over all grid and database operations.
* Interactive visual editing allows the programmer to configure the grid
layout at design time without writing a single line of code.
* Multiple row/column selection with code or by end user at run time.
* Fixed, nonscrolling columns can be located anywhere in the grid (left,
right, or in the middle).
* Automatic translation of database field values for display (e.g.,
display 0,1,2 as Yes, No, Maybe).
* In-cell objects including in-cell graphics, check box and radio
* Drop down any control from a cell including combo box, list box, or
any other third party control.
* Supports unbound columns while other columns are bound.
* Flexible unbound modes support any data source accessible in Visual
* Display format mask fully supports the Visual Basic Format$ function
when displaying text in a cell.
* Drag and drop features allow programmers to drag and drop cell
* Free run-time distribution allows applications developed with True
DBGrid Pro 5.0 to be distributed with no royalty fees.
And much more...
Minimum System Requirements
Visual Basic 4.0/5.0 or
Visual C++ 4.2/5.0