Index out of date / peer to peer net

Post by Kees Lagendij » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We've written a small app that repairs all indexes
in a database with a single click

download at http://www.assbreda.nl/download/repair.zip (296K)

Bonus: Alias.exe for configuring your peer-to-peer network

download at http://www.assbreda.nl/download/alias.zip (258K)

Kees

1. Pdoxusrs.net in peer-2-peer BDE App

Hi All,

My application (Delphi 4 + Paradox 7) is running on 2 computers sharing the
same database. First computer has database in C:\App\DB directory. This
directory (C:\App\DB) is shared and connected as H:\ drive on another
computer.
Pdoxusrs.net fils is located in C:\App\DB\NetFile on first computer. So it's
path on second computer is H:\NetFile.
When running my app on second computer (at the same time it started on
first) I got error message:
---------------------------------------
Directory is controlled by other .net file
Directory: C:\APP\DB\NetFile
File: H:\PDOXUSRS.LCK
--------------------------------------

I see that the problem is that I have different path for pdoxusrs.net of
both computers.

But is there a way to have both application use the same database?

Thank you all in advance,
Alex.

2. xact_abort not working?

3. syntax of hyperlink find request

4. Currupt index when working peer to peer

5. Download from Access97 client and SQL Server 6.5/NT

6. SQL Server 7.0 - Peer to Peer on Win 95/98

7. ADO

8. Using MSDE in peer to peer network

9. Unable to establish peer to peer connection

10. Visual FoxPro/ Peer-to-Peer

11. MSSQL on Peer to Peer

12. Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases