Intersolv Oracle 7 ODBC driver not visible in BDE

Intersolv Oracle 7 ODBC driver not visible in BDE

Post by Howard Rothenbur » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to install my Delphi 3 database application on a user's NT 4.0
PC. I have installed Oracle sqlnet and the Intersolve Oracle7 ODBC driver
on the PC. Microsoft Access 95 can use the table through the ODBC driver
with no problem. We have always had good luck with the Intersole drivers.

When I try to see the Oracle 7 driver with the 32 bit BDE from Delphi 3,
it is not in the drivers list. My delphi application can not access the
database from the user's PC.

The entire configuration works perfectly on my NT4.0 PC (32 bit
Intersolv driver, Oracle sqlnet, Delphi3 BDE), where I developed the
application. Is there a BDE initialization step or parameter that I have
forgotten in order to make the ODBC driver visible to the BDE, as it is
now visible to Access? I must create an alias to the Oracle database in
the BDE so my application can run.

---Howard

1. Intersolv ODBC driver with Borlands BDE?

I'm trying to get the Intersolv 2.12 ODBC driver to work with OpenIngres (on
AIX) through Borlands BDE.

Microsoft Query can communicate with it, DBMS/COPY 7 demo can communicate
with it. DBMS/COPY created an alias for it but neither BDE Administrator or
any BDE dependent programs will work with that alias or with an alias that I
create within BDE Administrator.

When I try to access it, it reports: "BDE Error 12500, Invalid configuration
parameter".

I had it working before, but I've forgotten how :-(

--

        /------------------------+-----------------------------------\
        | Roger Eriksson         |  Phone: +46-90-786 50 01          |

        | S-901 87  UME?         | Office: MIT, room B322            |
        | Sweden                 |                                   |
        \------------------------+-----------------------------------/

2. Can i make this SQL in SQL-Server?

3. Intersolv ODBC Sybase driver not loading

4. MS Access & Internet

5. Oracle 8 ODBC Drivers / Intersolv

6. inserting images in SQL server 6.5

7. ODBC Performance: MS-VC++ driver vs. Intersolv driver

8. User Datasource vs. System Datasource ...

9. Oracle ODBC Drivers / Intersolv

10. Intersolv ODBC drivers for Oracle

11. BDE: Records inserted with another connection not visible

12. [ODBC driver for Oracle]Driver not capable