access record numbers

Post by Ben Dymot » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

i'm trying to get the number of the current record on an access table. If i
use:

edit1.text:=inttostr(table1.recno);

on a paradox table, this code works fine. However, this code on an access
table always produces the same result.. edit1.text shows '-1'.

Can someone tell me how to get the above code to work with an access table.

I am using delphi 3.0 and an access 95 table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ben Dymott

access record numbers

Post by Alexey Burmi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Read documentation. This function works ONLY on Paradox and DBase data.

Best Regards
AB.

Quote:>edit1.text:=inttostr(table1.recno);
>on a paradox table, this code works fine. However, this code on an access
>table always produces the same result.. edit1.text shows '-1'.
>Can someone tell me how to get the above code to work with an access table.
>I am using delphi 3.0 and an access 95 table.

1. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

I have a database program in VB6 service pack 3 with a Access 2000 database
file
and using the microsoft active data objects 2.0 library.

I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate
even the Access Record number. What I mean is if you open the database file
in Access 2000
the left column is then record number access uses to store your line item
and I see two record numbers with the same and somtimes different fiels
values.

So has anyone experienced this and does the
microsoft active data objects 2.5 library fix this?

Thank You
Bill A

2. How Many Tables Should I Make? Please.

3. Find certain Number of Records / Print only certain number of records

4. Need info. on time dimension handling

5. Accessing a set number of records?

6. Search and Replace Problem

7. Record Number in Access Database

8. Filtering DB Combo

9. Accessing by record number

10. Getting Access Current Record Number in Visual Basic

11. Number of Access Database Records

12. Need help counting number of records retrievd from an Access file

13. record numbers in VB/Access 2.0 tables