PLS help: Change field structure without loosing data?

PLS help: Change field structure without loosing data?

Post by Mohamed Hammad » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi,

  i'm using interbase local server. I need sometimes to change the table
field structure, well i've done this by ...
[1] create new table with the modified structure
[2] delete the old table

well, this was ok when no data is present, but, how to simply change the
fields length eg: varchar(10) to varchar(15).. without loosing the data?

Any help, tips, .. ?

Thank you,
MAH

PLS help: Change field structure without loosing data?

Post by Paul Lambadar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Sat, 07 Jun 1997 17:45:09 +0300, Mohamed Hammady

>hi,

>  i'm using interbase local server. I need sometimes to change the table
>field structure, well i've done this by ...
>[1] create new table with the modified structure
>[2] delete the old table

>well, this was ok when no data is present, but, how to simply change the
>fields length eg: varchar(10) to varchar(15).. without loosing the data?

>Any help, tips, .. ?

>Thank you,
>MAH

You can use the TBatchMove component

-------------------------------

http://www.singular.gr

1. Changing a field without knowing which field to change

I have a stored procedure I want to write that changes a field in the DB
based on a variable column name. Below is the snippet of code I thhought
might work, but alas no dice. Using Query Analyzer I get the message (1) row
affected, but no changes to the data are apparent. Any ideas??

Thanx,

CREATE PROCEDURE hvp_NavChangeField

AS

GO

2. Alerts with Lotus Notes

3. Changing column name without loosing table date

4. Oracle Application Server vs. WebDB

5. Reference Material on Informix

6. Data replication pls pls help

7. Data replication with Access pls pls help

8. how to insert data from a table with an identity field to another with the same structure and without loosing the identity number

9. Pls HELP - Trouble getting all data selected for max of one field

10. Help. FPW2.6 Changing browse field without moving

11. Change tracking looses changes