ADO compatibility with 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5?

ADO compatibility with 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5?

Post by never » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am programming ADO in my VB project.
And recently I've got some problem in my app.
At first I used the ADO 2.1. I mean I referenced Microsoft ActiveX Data
Objects 2.1 Library in my project.(I installed MDAC 2.1)
But there was some problem in my app, so I installed MDAC 2.0 and referenced
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.0 Library.
Now I am using oledb provider 3.51 and ADO 2.1 in my app.
Is there any problem?

So I want to know that it is ok to use oledb provider 3.51 and ADO 2.1.
And I am wondering if I install lots of version of MDAC(in my case, MDAC 2.0
and MDAC 2.1) is it ok?
I am afraid of collision of other versions of MDAC.
Need your help

ADO compatibility with 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5?

Post by Andrew Grillag » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

You should not have any problems other than having to deploy both 2.0 and
2.1. And you should install 2.0 first.

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:> I am programming ADO in my VB project.