Paradox extension other than DB

Post by Wayne Scho » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi
Is is possible to use a filename extension other than DB for a Paradox
table?

When I try renaming a .DB table to some other extension (leaving the
filename (sans extension) and all other associated files  the same)
I can create a TTable and connect this to a TDBGrid for example but on
opening the table I receive a 'Currupt Index error'.
I have set the TableType to ttParadox.

Do I need to use CreateTable to create the table from scratch.

If it must be .DB is this a Paradox language restriction, BDE, Delphi or
other?
Database Desktop insists on .DB when saving or loading a table.

Thanks
Wayne Schou
New Zealand Forest Research Institute

--
** Remove last character from address

Post by Craig Stock » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi
> Is is possible to use a filename extension other than DB for a Paradox
> table?

Why would you want to?

--
Craig Stocki

1. Paradox 7: A bug to share with others...

This is specifically from an app I have been working on but I will explain
it as it happens to me.

Place an unbound drop down edit list on a form that gets its data from a
table. Using the explorer to check out the list section of the drop down
object examine its property. You will see its name is the same as the form
despite not being labelled as such on the explorer.

All this would seem harmless except...erm it seems to cause unpredictable
results for me.

2. ??????Ultra SQL Server 7 LECTURE??????[1/??]

3. Paradox vs. others inquiry

4. Export schema

5. Paradox 7 toolbar problem, and others

6. DTS, custom Task with Visual Basic

7. Paradox vs. others inquiry

8. Anyone know Allan Pritchards new phone number?

9. Paradox again(DEAN BOWES) or others

10. Paradox and others

11. Paradox 5 Data files extension

12. Paradox Filename extensions - ?