help with Access

Post by Ken » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi!
I have all my audio CD:s artists in one textfile (about 300)
and the labels in another (about 1500).

How can I add the artists/labels to Access using VB, so that I don't have to
write them down again.

If I for example add them to a listbox and then open CD.mdb for output (or
something).

Thank you!

help with Access

Post by Klaus H. Probs » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Ken,

Well, come on, you're asking to get an app written? Why don't you get
started on it, and then if you get stuck on something come here and post
it, and we'll help you out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s) so
that everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Regards,

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937
      The VB Box: http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:> Hi!
> I have all my audio CD:s artists in one textfile (about 300)
> and the labels in another (about 1500).

> How can I add the artists/labels to Access using VB, so that I don't
have to
> write them down again.

> If I for example add them to a listbox and then open CD.mdb for output
(or
> something).

> Thank you!

1. *** To the VB4 Gods: help accessing access database ***

Hello,

This is the scenario:  I'm developing an app in VB4 that will allow a
user to complete a registration form online.  The data entered is stored
in an access 2.0 database.  After entering this data, the user clicks a
submit button, that emails their supervisor an attachment that is
actually another vb4 app.

I've gotten this debugged and it works great.

Here's the catch:

        When the supervisor double-clicks the attachment (in ms-mail)
s/he must enter a social security number to obtain the correct record.

        I need to know how can I rig the application to open with the
correct data in it, without the supervisor entering anything.

So far, the supervisor's app (authoriz.exe) will except a s.s.n. from a
command line, but "authoriz.exe xxx-xx-xxx" will not work from an
attachment.

How can I get an app to open with the correct access record, without the
supervisor entering anything???

That's it, oh mighty Wizards and VB Gods!!!

Rodney

2. UK-Cambs Oracle DBA - EBI, Scientific Research

3. Help Accessing Access Database

4. How is blank node interpreted in OPENXML?

5. help neaded Accessing access query

6. Help Printer keeps stalling

7. Help Convert Access 2.0 to Access 97

8. Need dire help with a stored procedure that uses cursors

9. Need help accessing Access with either native or ODBC drivers

10. Help -Newbie- Accessing an Access query with MFC

11. HELP: VB + Access : Trying to insert an image into Access from VB

12. Help with accessing Access

13. Help: convert access 2.0 to access 97 using VB 5.0