several DbGrid questions

Post by YA » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have create an application that has an explorer interface.
On the left I have a treeview control with all my tables names and on the
right I would like to have a grid that show the data from the table I choose
on the treeview control.
I have several questions:
1. How do I update the DbGrid on run-time with a new command from the
DataEnviroment?
    This does not work:
    DbGrid.DataMember = CmdCar
    DbGrid.ReBind
    DbGrid.Refresh

2. I need to create a little search engine that search a certain rows on the
DataGrid.
    My problem is that each table has different fields that I can search
with. Should I create  different forms for the search fields for each table
or there is another trick (Maybe with the Grid itself).

3. Is there a way that the DbGrid will automatically resize it columns size
according to the data in it?

Thanks for your time

1. Several Dbgrid questions

Several Dbgrid questions:
1. Is it possible to "tell" DbGrid to auto size it's column acording to the
size of the data in the field?
2. Is it possible to make the cursor visible?
3. Is possile that a record will be shown in more then 1 raw (for long
fields) ?

I am using microsoft's Dbgrid.
Thanks

2. TDS Error

3. several DbGrid questions

4. Ingres Application software?

5. Creating several DBGrids with the help of the DataFormWizard

6. Problem with SQL Server and Cristal Report

7. An 'import' question (several questions, actually)

8. Problems with SQL Query

9. Need help, Transfer record with several infos in several records

10. Several DBs vs. One DB with several schemas

11. Using one or several tables for several cust.

12. Several tables or Several databases?!

13. DBGrid Control Questions and general Data Object Questions