String field in DBGrid not changed, but change is loged in Delta

String field in DBGrid not changed, but change is loged in Delta

Post by plamen » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:38:42

Hi,

Having a DBGrid (SQLConnection->SQLQuery->DSProvider->CDS->DBGrid)
when I edit a *string* field, but NOT changing it, just typing the old
value, after Posti-ng I found that CDS.Delta has the following
record(s):

Old Values record: abcd
New Values record: abcd

I mean field values are the same, however, a record is logged as
changed (ChangeCount=1) ?  This doesn't happen with other types,
float, for example.

Regards,

1. Changing a field without knowing which field to change

I have a stored procedure I want to write that changes a field in the DB
based on a variable column name. Below is the snippet of code I thhought
might work, but alas no dice. Using Query Analyzer I get the message (1) row
affected, but no changes to the data are apparent. Any ideas??

Thanx,

CREATE PROCEDURE hvp_NavChangeField

AS

GO

2. SQL Mail

3. Change one field when another field changes?

4. Using CASE Statements in VFP3.0

5. DBGrid - Changing order of fields

6. Message from SQL 2000 Stored procedure to ADO

7. changing DBGrid fields at runtime

8. Local Cube Files2

9. changing the sequence of fields in a DBGrid

10. DBGrid: Change column order stuffs .Fields!

11. Indexed field changes: How to refresh DBGrid sort order

12. trigger to change a field when the date changes

13. Change event not reflecting the change in text of the DBCombo control