MFC DAO with a console application

Post by J.D. Has » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Is this possible?  I get an error on the database open.  I debug the app
and it blows up when it tries to open a default workspace.

Thanks

MFC DAO with a console application

Post by Shahar Pris » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hey,

Quote:> Is this possible?  I get an error on the database open.  I debug the app
> and it blows up when it tries to open a default workspace.

Well, I dont see your problem. I did it and it worked almost fine.. The
only problem was when I attempted to terminate the con-app.. It blew up
then, but otherwise it worked. I didnt do any special operation b4 or after
for it to work.

                                Shahar

MFC DAO with a console application

Post by Frank J. Hoffma » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Make sure that in your Build Options you specify something other than "Not
Using MFC", which is the default.  Also, make sure to include the proper
database header files.  As long as you are using non-visual classes, you
shouldn't have a problem.  I once wrote a console application that parsed a
text file and inserted the data into an Access database using DAO, so I
know it works (on a good day).

Frank J. Hoffman

Quote:> Is this possible?  I get an error on the database open.  I debug the app
> and it blows up when it tries to open a default workspace.

> Thanks

MFC DAO with a console application

Post by Paul Sinnet » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

In MFC 4 PROGRAMMING WITH VISUAL C++ the chapter on console applications
states that you shouldn't consider using DAO, OLE, or ODBC through MFC
because they require a message loop to work.

You could write a message loop in a console application, but then you may
as well write a simple Windows program instead.
--
Paul Sinnett - Probe Entertainment Ltd.

> Make sure that in your Build Options you specify something other than
"Not
> Using MFC", which is the default.  Also, make sure to include the proper
> database header files.  As long as you are using non-visual classes, you
> shouldn't have a problem.  I once wrote a console application that parsed
> text file and inserted the data into an Access database using DAO, so I
> know it works (on a good day).

> Frank J. Hoffman

> > Is this possible?  I get an error on the database open.  I debug the
app
> > and it blows up when it tries to open a default workspace.

> > Thanks

1. Console application and MFC DAO

I want to write a simple console application to retrieve and display the
data from MDB files, using DAO classes.
But, I don't know which header files have to be included, what options
must be set up for project, which libraries have to be linked, which
jobs shouldn't be done, and so on. ^^;

Are there any special points to be checked?
Could you explain the steps for implementation?
Or, where can I get the sample source codes?

Please, help me!

Thank you.

2. using bcp

3. Using the MFC Database Classes in Console Applications

4. maximum number in popupmenu

5. Dao in Console Applications

6. Help, help, help! The grid again :(

7. DAO console application

8. Off: Brazilian Companies that utilize Pick?

9. DAO issue with two MFC applications

10. How can I use DAO 3.6 in a MFC application

11. Runing DAO DLL in non-MFC application

12. need help on creating installation of MFC DAO application

13. Calling DAO directly from MFC DAO classes