Error 13: Type Mismatch error

Post by Bill Riege » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:57:24

I keep getting this type mismatch error on one of my users machines.  I am
not sure why this is happening, but there is a page that suggests that DAO
has a highre priority than Active X data abjects.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q181/5/42.asp

I am not using dao anywhere that Ii know of.  If anyone else has experienced
Error 13 I could use some suggestions.

Thank you,
Bill Rieger

Error 13: Type Mismatch error

Post by Scot Ro » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:12:29

DO you have the same version (Or higher) of MDAC installed on your users
machine than is on yours development box?

Is DAO referenced in you project (If it were a DAO issue I would expect it
on more than one machine)

When you installed the program did you use the PDW or just copy the EXE to
the machine?

Are you sure the error is occuring on a Data Access portion of the code?
(You could get this error just as easily trying to punch a text value into
a Numeric datatype)

Make sure that the same version or Higher than your machine of the
MSVBVM60.DLL resides on the users machine.

Just a few things. I can think of lots more if we need to that can cause
this error, but most of them have to do with having the proper DLL's
installed, so IF you used the PDW,  make sure the version of MDAC  you
installe don your users machine is the same version as the one you are
running in your development environment (If you installed MDAC 2.5 make
sure to put the file you downloaded in the \\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist folder and replace the one that is
there.)

--------------------

>Subject: Error 13: Type Mismatch error
>Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:57:24 -0400

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database
Quote:>Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.database:74235

>I keep getting this type mismatch error on one of my users machines.  I am
>not sure why this is happening, but there is a page that suggests that DAO
>has a highre priority than Active X data abjects.
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q181/5/42.asp

>I am not using dao anywhere that Ii know of.  If anyone else has
experienced
>Error 13 I could use some suggestions.

>Thank you,
>Bill Rieger

Error 13: Type Mismatch error

Post by Bill Riege » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 02:02:58

I have put the latest version of MDAC on all machines.  What I have done is
remove the DAO from my reference list since I am not using it, I don't see
the harm in doing that.  The location is remote so I will have to go there
to reinstall and test.

> DO you have the same version (Or higher) of MDAC installed on your users
> machine than is on yours development box?

> Is DAO referenced in you project (If it were a DAO issue I would expect it
> on more than one machine)

> When you installed the program did you use the PDW or just copy the EXE to
> the machine?

> Are you sure the error is occuring on a Data Access portion of the code?
> (You could get this error just as easily trying to punch a text value into
> a Numeric datatype)

> Make sure that the same version or Higher than your machine of the
> MSVBVM60.DLL resides on the users machine.

> Just a few things. I can think of lots more if we need to that can cause
> this error, but most of them have to do with having the proper DLL's
> installed, so IF you used the PDW,  make sure the version of MDAC  you
> installe don your users machine is the same version as the one you are
> running in your development environment (If you installed MDAC 2.5 make
> sure to put the file you downloaded in the \\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist folder and replace the one that is
> there.)

> --------------------

> >Subject: Error 13: Type Mismatch error
> >Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:57:24 -0400

> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database

Quote:> nline.de!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp03

> >I keep getting this type mismatch error on one of my users machines.  I
am
> >not sure why this is happening, but there is a page that suggests that
DAO
> >has a highre priority than Active X data abjects.
> >http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q181/5/42.asp

> >I am not using dao anywhere that Ii know of.  If anyone else has
> experienced
> >Error 13 I could use some suggestions.

> >Thank you,
> >Bill Rieger

Error 13: Type Mismatch error

Post by Bill » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 04:40:17

When you go there, run Component Checker (see www.microsoft.com\data). It
will tell you if the installation is correct.

--
William (Bill) Vaughn
President Beta V Corporation

> I have put the latest version of MDAC on all machines.  What I have done
is
> remove the DAO from my reference list since I am not using it, I don't see
> the harm in doing that.  The location is remote so I will have to go there
> to reinstall and test.

> > DO you have the same version (Or higher) of MDAC installed on your users
> > machine than is on yours development box?

> > Is DAO referenced in you project (If it were a DAO issue I would expect
it
> > on more than one machine)

> > When you installed the program did you use the PDW or just copy the EXE
> > the machine?

> > Are you sure the error is occuring on a Data Access portion of the code?
> > (You could get this error just as easily trying to punch a text value
into
> > a Numeric datatype)

> > Make sure that the same version or Higher than your machine of the
> > MSVBVM60.DLL resides on the users machine.

> > Just a few things. I can think of lots more if we need to that can cause
> > this error, but most of them have to do with having the proper DLL's
> > installed, so IF you used the PDW,  make sure the version of MDAC  you
> > installe don your users machine is the same version as the one you are
> > running in your development environment (If you installed MDAC 2.5 make
> > sure to put the file you downloaded in the \\Microsoft Visual
> > Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist folder and replace the one that is
> > there.)

> > --------------------

> > >Subject: Error 13: Type Mismatch error
> > >Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:57:24 -0400

> > >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database

Quote:> > nline.de!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp03

> > >I keep getting this type mismatch error on one of my users machines.  I
> am
> > >not sure why this is happening, but there is a page that suggests that
> DAO
> > >has a highre priority than Active X data abjects.
> > >http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q181/5/42.asp

> > >I am not using dao anywhere that Ii know of.  If anyone else has
> > experienced
> > >Error 13 I could use some suggestions.

> > >Thank you,
> > >Bill Rieger

Error 13: Type Mismatch error

Post by Logicmysti » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:52:00

This was posted a while ago so I don't know if you will see this but . . .

I'm getting this error when I am using a class module that I have built.
One class works perfectly the other is almost a carbon copy and uses the
same private declarations.  The one that works is *ized code from an
example and the one that doesn't is a copy with modifications in the SQL
sections.  (I never get as far as the SQL sections before I get the error.)

I have a variable declared m_oSearch as CSearch in the general section of
the form.

The variable is used in a button_click.

  m_oSearchRptF.DBConnection = DE01.HDConnect  (It is at this statement that
I receive the error message - Error 13 Type Mismatch.)

CSearch class module:

Public Property Let DBConnection(ByVal oDBConnection As ADODB.Connection)
  Set g_oDBConnection = oDBConnection
  Call LoadSearchConditions
End Property

I have another form that has idential code and it operates flawlessly.  It
doesn't matter if I start the session and run the form that errors first,
its' very consistent, or the one that works first.  One always works and the
other always doesn't.

Any ideas?

N.

> DO you have the same version (Or higher) of MDAC installed on your users
> machine than is on yours development box?

> Is DAO referenced in you project (If it were a DAO issue I would expect it
> on more than one machine)

> When you installed the program did you use the PDW or just copy the EXE to
> the machine?

> Are you sure the error is occuring on a Data Access portion of the code?
> (You could get this error just as easily trying to punch a text value into
> a Numeric datatype)

> Make sure that the same version or Higher than your machine of the
> MSVBVM60.DLL resides on the users machine.

> Just a few things. I can think of lots more if we need to that can cause
> this error, but most of them have to do with having the proper DLL's
> installed, so IF you used the PDW,  make sure the version of MDAC  you
> installe don your users machine is the same version as the one you are
> running in your development environment (If you installed MDAC 2.5 make
> sure to put the file you downloaded in the \\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist folder and replace the one that is
> there.)

> --------------------

> >Subject: Error 13: Type Mismatch error
> >Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:57:24 -0400

> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database

Quote:> nline.de!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp03

> >I keep getting this type mismatch error on one of my users machines.  I
am
> >not sure why this is happening, but there is a page that suggests that
DAO
> >has a highre priority than Active X data abjects.
> >http://www.veryComputer.com/

> >I am not using dao anywhere that Ii know of.  If anyone else has
> experienced
> >Error 13 I could use some suggestions.

> >Thank you,
> >Bill Rieger

Error 13: Type Mismatch error

Post by Scot Ro » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:17:03

What are these 2 objects? is  m_oSearchRptF.DBConnection an ADO connection
and is  DE01.HDConnect a dataenvironment connection object? if so did you
try

 Set m_oSearchRptF.DBConnection = DE01.HDConnect

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the
Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

> [...]

>> sure to put the file you downloaded in the \\Microsoft Visual
>> Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist folder and replace the one that is
>> there.)

>> --------------------

>> >Subject: Error 13: Type Mismatch error
>> >Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:57:24 -0400

>> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database

>ite.net!nntp-relay.ihug.net!ihug.co.nz!newsfeed.online.be!newsfeed01.sul.t-
>> nline.de!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp03

>> >I keep getting this type mismatch error on one of my users machines.  I
>am
>> >not sure why this is happening, but there is a page that suggests that
>DAO
>> >has a highre priority than Active X data abjects.
>> >http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> >I am not using dao anywhere that Ii know of.  If anyone else has

Post by Logicmysti » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:14:15

Yes, I did try the Set command.  It hated it.

I just found the stupid thing yesterday!  I was checking and re-checking
everything again and a co-worker asked the right question.  I had declared
the variable but had forgotten to instanciate(sp?)  it.

I was missing this statement.
set m_oSearchRptF = New CSearch

I'll don't think I forget to do that again, I spent a lot of time
researching it and never found anything that clearly addressed it.  Must
have been too basic.

Thanks for your time in replying!

N.

.

> [...]

> >> Make sure that the same version or Higher than your machine of the
> >> MSVBVM60.DLL resides on the users machine.

> >> Just a few things. I can think of lots more if we need to that can
cause
> >> this error, but most of them have to do with having the proper DLL's
> >> installed, so IF you used the PDW,  make sure the version of MDAC  you
> >> installe don your users machine is the same version as the one you are
> >> running in your development environment (If you installed MDAC 2.5 make
> >> sure to put the file you downloaded in the \\Microsoft Visual
> >> Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist folder and replace the one that is
> >> there.)

> >> --------------------

>ite.net!nntp-relay.ihug.net!ihug.co.nz!newsfeed.online.be!newsfeed01.sul.t-
> >> nline.de!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp03

1. Error 13 Type mismatch - French OS

We are currently upgrading our software and my client has
one computer (Toshiba laptop) which generates a runtime
error 13 type mismatch when attempting to log in. I found
there to be an issue in the past where a French OS would
fail on a boolean check if you used True\False in code but
this was reported fixed in SP3 for VB6. I've had the
client boot into safe mode with same results. They were
successful in upgrading 2 other computers - the inhouse IT
informs us there is no difference between the computers
other than the fact that the one that's failing is a
toshiba laptop. I'm stumped - thanks to anyone who can
respond.

2. script to reverse engineer ddl from database

3. Type mismatch error 13?

4. ADO and SQL Server 7 -- sp_indexoption

5. Type Mismatch error 13

6. MS SQL v7.0: Database groups under Enterprise Manager?

7. run time error type mismatch 13

8. Oracle server + Designer/2000

9. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

10. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

11. Type Mismatch Error 13

12. Mdac2.6 to Mdac2.7 causes Type Mismatch Runtime Error 13

13. Error 13 - Type Mismatch Why????