"Table locked by another user" message

Post by Page » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm developing an application using Paradox tables.  When running the program
from the Delphi IDE, if it encounters a problem I often have to reset the
program or sometimes press Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of it.  Next time I try to
run it I am informed that a table is locked, because I am already using it.  To
get out of this I have to close Delphi and quite often I have to reboot the
computer. Can you help me please?

"Table locked by another user" message

Post by Dan Brenna » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The BDE creates a file called pdoxusrs.net to keep this information
while it is running. It will be in c:\ unless you have set it
somewhere else. It is used even on a standalone app. Delete it if your
program crashes so the BDE won't think the table is still busy when
you restart.
Secondly, this problem is made worse if you have ttable active propery
set to true in the IDE. You should open and close tables and queries
in your code, rather than have them open when they are created (which
is what happenes if you leave them active in the IDE.)

hth,
Dan

Quote:>I'm developing an application using Paradox tables.  When running the program

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[Remove the SPAM from my e-mail address]

1. "File is Locked" error message

I have written a network-based time card system used by employees for
entering time worked on a weekly basis. It does not use C/S, but runs the
program from the server, and accesses the databases located on the server.
On occasion, a user will go to post a new entry, and receives a "File is
Locked" error message. The data actually gets posted, but the code simply
stops at that error. It is random, and I can't seem to tie it to any
specific sequence of events. Any ideas?

2. DB2 Survival Guide

3. EDBEngineError "Record lock failed message"

4. 'Use <database>' overhead

5. "Unknown error message number "16118".

6. Replace 2 values

8. PASSING POINTER TO IMAGELIST OBJECT

9. "Unknown error message number "16118"

10. "Unknown Message.."" RESOLVED

11. Error message: "Higher level table required"

12. "Unable to modify table" error message

13. "Unable to allocate work table " message