NEED HELP: Message Board on Website

Post by Toni A. Parr » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'm writing a new website and I'd like to include a message board.  I've
seen some excellent ones (the one at http://www.breakupgirl.com/ comes
to mind).

This is totally new to me and I'd like some feedback as to the least
complicated way to do this.  Is this done using Java?  If so, does
anyone know where I can find a public domain source code for this?  (My
Java is flaky at best.) :)

Is there some other way to include a message board that doesn't involve
major coding?

I would appreciate any advice, comments and feedback.  Thank you.

Toni Parra

1. SQLXML Message Board - Testers Needed

I'm currently working on building a SQLXML based message board which I plan
to use as a sample application. Before I write up the documentation on the
board and release the source code I would like to eliminate as many bugs as
possible. So if you have a minute I would appreciate any testing that is
done on the board. I have only tested it in IE 6 so there is a good chance
that many of the features won't work in other browsers. In fact, Netscape
probably won't work at all at this point. So for now just test in IE.

http://msgxml.com/

Thanks!

--
Bryant

2. XPath Union operator

3. Needed! Java servlet based Message Board

4. datatype

5. Help with message board

6. thanks for sharing

7. New 'Creating Message Board' Beta chapter

8. WANTED: New FAQ Maintainer

9. Alpha Five Message Board

10. ASP Fully Threaded Message Board

11. message board

12. Any good Oracle related message boards out there?

13. Efficient paging in an message board system