Changing IDAPI.CFG from programm

Post by Andrius Vegeleviciu » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

Does anybody know how I can add INTERBASE alias to IDAPI.CFG file using
Delphi 1.0?
This not seem to be a problem in Delphi 2. I review Delphi 2 VCL and
found that it has function called DBICfgAddRecord(). But it's not in
Delphi 1 VCL. However this function exist in IDAPI01.DLL file, but
parameters is not the same in 16 bit and 32 bit version .
 So, can anybody tell me what sould I pass to this function?
 Or maybe someone can suggest program that do install programm for
delphi? (Do not suggest Install Shield - it work great, but it also
can't create 16 bit Interbase alias ).

Thanks,

Andrius

Changing IDAPI.CFG from programm

Post by Dominik Roble » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,

> Does anybody know how I can add INTERBASE alias to IDAPI.CFG file using
> Delphi 1.0?
> This not seem to be a problem in Delphi 2. I review Delphi 2 VCL and
> found that it has function called DBICfgAddRecord(). But it's not in
> Delphi 1 VCL. However this function exist in IDAPI01.DLL file, but
> parameters is not the same in 16 bit and 32 bit version .
>  So, can anybody tell me what sould I pass to this function?
>  Or maybe someone can suggest program that do install programm for
> delphi? (Do not suggest Install Shield - it work great, but it also
> can't create 16 bit Interbase alias ).

> Thanks,

> Andrius

Try function DbiAddAlias from unit DbiProcs. It works.

Dominik

--
Dominik Roblek
Baselj 52

Phone: + 386 (64) 45 13 31

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. help with dbase programmi

3. Changing IDAPI.CFG programmatically, how?

4. Sybase SQL Anywhere with Windows NT

5. Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

6. Log Space

7. idapi.cfg

8. DALLAS -- DBA Project Manager

9. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

10. Idapi.CFG

11. How to modify IDAPI.CFG

12. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (1/1)

13. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)